Homemade Almond Butter
10 ingredients or less
(1 Tbsp per serving)
3 cups (429 g)raw almonds
Make your own
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place the almonds onto a baking tray, and toast in the oven for 7 - 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly golden*.
- Add the toasted almonds to a high-powered food processor** (ideally 600W or higher) and blend on high for 5 - 7 minutes until creamy.
- Continue to blend until smooth. Stopping too soon results in a thicker consistency. If your food processor isn't very powerful, you may need to blend it for an extra 5 minutes to achieve the desired consistency or consider adding a bit of oil to help the process along. Enjoy!
- * The almonds will continue to "bake" even when removed from the oven, so be careful not to overcook.
- ** Use a food processor and not a blender for this. If the mixture heats up, let it rest to cool slightly so as to not damage your food processor.
- Store in an airtight container or mason jar in a cool, dry, and dark place for up to 1 month.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (1 Tbsp per serving)
Calories 99 kcal
|Total fat||8.6 g|
|Saturated fat||0.7 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||3.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g|
|Total sugars||0.7 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||4.4 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Show nutrition info
Hide nutrition info
More for the eyes
Discussion & Rating
I found your recipes so inspirational and trully amazing, I cannot wait to give it a go this almond butter tomorrow :) yipeee!
Hi! This was my very first try at this recipe and it turned out perfect!! It was amazing to see how the almonds turned into powder, and then to this thick & rich paste. Can't wait to try the other recipes using this!
Can you link recipes that use this homemade almond butter! It is delicious!
Hello, I just done m'y peanut butter. It's so tasty and it feel way more natural. It was pretty long in the good processor. I'm always afraid to break m'y food processor. Did you ever break yours doing this ?
So wonderful. I'm so inspired by the recipe. Tomorrow I'm surely going to make almond butter. Thanks Pickup Limes
Delicious and so easy to make! Will never buy almond butter from a shop again. Thank you. 😊😊
Loved it, my toddler loved it with her banana!!! ❤️
I make it every week! Love the recipe ❤️
Thanks a lot I think I ll try this receipe, it easy to understand.
This recipe inspired me to try making nut butter for the first time. I under roasted them a bit in the first batch so it didn’t have the strongest flavor, but the second batch was just right! My partner and I couldn’t get enough. So surprised how easy it was!
I blended my almond butter seemed like forever and it never got to the runny stage. I started out in the food processor then switched to the blender because it was taking so long. Any suggestion? Taste really good, I added cinnamon and vanilla..
Such a simple and amazing recipe!
Oh my god this website is so amazing, crafted with love !
Never would have thought that making almond butter was so easy. I don't buy it anymore. Thank you so much for this recipe!
This almond butter is so beautiful, creamy, and tasty!
Dear PUL team - do you have any suggestions for the almond butter if we don't have a food processor, but an ordinary blender? :(
Will the almond butter separate like when purchased at the market?
I love this recipe and always come to it to make almond butter. More people should!