(1 Tbsp per serving)
1½ cups (150 g)raw pecans
1½ cups (195 g)raw cashews
1 Tbsp (8 g)ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread the nuts evenly on a baking tray and toast in the centre rack of a preheated.
- After about 7 minutes, remove the tray from the oven. The pecans should be sufficiently toasted. Gently remove them from the baking tray.
- Stir the cashews and return them to the oven to continue to bake for an additional 5 - 7 minutes, or until lightly golden. Careful not to burn. When toasted, remove from the oven.
- To a food processor* (ideally 600W or higher), add the toasted pecans, cashews, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend on high for 5 - 7 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed, until you have reached a smooth and spreadable consistency**. Enjoy!
- * Using a blender for this is not advised, as there is not enough liquid. A food processor is better suited for a dryer mixture, such as this.
- ** The mixture will go from crumbly to smooth over this time. During this time, you may even notice the mixture form into a sticky ball hitting the sides of the food processor, and this is normal. If you continue for another few minutes you'll see it turn into smooth and creamy nut butter. The longer you can blend it, the smoother it'll get. If your food processor isn't very powerful, you may need to blend it for an extra 5 minutes to achieve the desired consistency or consider adding a bit of vegetable oil or coconut oil to help the process along. If you notice the mixture heat up too much, let it rest to cool slightly so as to not damage your food processor.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (1 Tbsp per serving)
Calories 104 kcal
|Total fat||9 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||4 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g|
|Total sugars||1 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||4 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes