(1 Tbsp per serving)
3 cups (390 g)raw cashews
Enjoy this in
Make your own
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Spread the cashews in a single layer over a baking tray.
- Roast in the oven on the centre rack for 9 - 11 minutes, or until the cashews are a golden colour. Stir the tray once or twice during roasting.
- Transfer the roasted nuts to a high-powered food processor* (ideally 600W or more) and blend on high for 5 - 7 minutes, or until a smooth consistency is reached, scraping down the sides as needed**.
- Transfer to a mason jar and enjoy!
- * Using a blender for this is not advised, as there is not enough liquid. A food processor is better suited for a dryer mixture, such as this.
- ** The mixture will go from crumbly to smooth over this time. During this time, you may even notice the mixture form into a sticky ball hitting the sides of the food processor, and this is normal. If you continue for another few minutes you'll see it turn into smooth and creamy nut butter. The longer you can blend it, the smoother it'll get. If your food processor isn't very powerful, you may need to blend it for an extra 5 minutes to achieve the desired consistency or consider adding a bit of vegetable oil or coconut oil to help the process along. If you notice the mixture heat up too much, let it rest to cool slightly so as to not damage your food processor.
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Nutrition per serving (1 Tbsp per serving)
Calories 93 kCal
|Total fat||8 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||5 g|
|Dietary fiber||0 g|
|Total sugars||1 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||6 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes