(1 Tbsp per serving)
3 cups (405 g)raw blanched hazelnuts†
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread the hazelnuts onto a baking tray and bake for 9 - 10 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant, stirring once halfway*.
- Place the toasted hazelnuts in a food processor (ideally 600W or higher). Using a blender is not advised as there is not enough liquid. Blend on high for about 5 minutes, or until a nut butter consistency is formed. The mixture will go from crumbly to smooth over this time*.
- †If your hazelnuts have the brown skin still on, you'll have to remove it after you take them out of the oven. When cooled enough to handle, rub them firmly between the palms of your hands.
- * Be careful not to overcook, as the nuts continue to 'cook' even when taken out of the oven.
- * You may need to blend it for an extra 5 minutes to achieve the desired consistency or consider adding a bit of vegetable oil or coconut oil.
- Store in an airtight container or mason jar in a cool, dry, and dark place for up to one month. Store in the fridge for up to three months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (1 Tbsp per serving)
Calories 106 kcal
|Total fat||10.3 g|
|Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||2.9 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.9 g|
|Total sugars||0.6 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||3.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||2 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes