(1 Tbsp per serving)
1½ cups (202 g)raw hazelnuts
⅓ cup (80 mL)unsweetened soy milk
1 Tbsp (14 g)refined coconut oil, melted†
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
6Medjool dates, pits removed
⅓ cup (35 g)
1 tsp (5 mL)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread the hazelnuts onto a baking tray and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until lightly golden, stirring once halfway*.
- When cooled enough to handle, pick up the hazelnuts a handful at a time and rub firmly between the palms of your hands so the skin falls off. Alternatively, the hazelnuts can be rubbed in a clean kitchen cloth. Place the peeled hazelnuts in a high-speed food processor** (ideally 600W or higher).
- Blend on high for 4 - 5 minutes, until a nut butter consistency is formed***. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Taste test. If you prefer a thinner consistency, consider adding more coconut oil and a touch more maple syrup and blend again. Enjoy!
- †Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts. If you prefer a distinct coconut taste, use unrefined coconut oil instead.
- * Careful to not overcook, as the nuts continue to 'toast' when taken out of the oven.
- * Using a blender for this is not advised, as there is not enough liquid.
- *** If your food processor isn't very powerful, you may need to blend it for an extra 5 minutes to achieve the desired consistency or consider adding a bit of vegetable oil to help the process along. If you notice the mixture heats up too much, let it rest to cool slightly so as to not damage your food processor.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (1 Tbsp per serving)
Calories 84 kcal
|Total fat||6.0 g|
|Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||8.0 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g|
|Total sugars||5.4 g|
|Added sugars||1.0 g|
|Vitamin A||3 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes