2 cups (480 mL)unsweetened soy milk*
2soft Medjool dates, pits removed
1 tsp (5 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)maple syrup (optional)
2 Tbsp (30 mL)brewed espresso (optional)
- Combine the plant milk, beet, dates, and vanilla extract in a high-powered blender until smooth and creamy.
- Place on the stove on medium-high heat and add in a stick of cinnamon. Let the mixture heat up, stirring throughout to prevent burning.
- Taste test, and if you like it sweeter add up to 1 Tbsp of maple syrup. Let simmer for about 3 minutes, then remove the cinnamon stick.
- To a mug, add a shot of espresso (optional), and then pour over the beetroot-infused milk. Stir, and enjoy!
- * Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium.
- Best to enjoy immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Calories 124 kCal
|Total fat||1 g|
|Saturated fat||0 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||24 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Total sugars||20 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||101 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||2 μg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Vitamin D||2 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||3 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes