4Medjool dates, pits removed
1½ cups (360 mL)canned light coconut milk
½ cup (120 mL)unsweetened soy milk†
1 tsp (2 g)matcha powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth*.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan on medium-high heat and stir continuously.
- When hot, but not boiling*, remove from heat and pour into your desired cups. Enjoy!
- †Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium.
- * Note the dates are used to provide natural sweetness, but they also add a slight graininess to the drink. For a smoother texture, add maple syrup instead, and simply add all the ingredients straight into the saucepan.
- ** Boiling matcha can cause it to taste bitter.
- Best to enjoy this drink immediately.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 276 kcal
|Total fat||13.2 g|
|Saturated fat||10.7 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||40.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.9 g|
|Total sugars||35.1 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||41 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||2 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||3 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes