2 Tbsp (28 g)brown sugar
2 Tbsp (30 mL)boiling water
½ cup (75 g)
2 tsp (4 g)matcha powder†
½ cup (120 mL)hot water, at around 80°C/175°F†
1 tsp (5 mL)
1 cup (111 g)ice cubes
2½ cups (600 mL)barista oat milk†
- Add the brown sugar and boiling water to a bowl. Stir vigorously until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a saucepan, cook the tapioca pearls according to the package instructions. For us, this took about 5 minutes.
- Drain the tapioca pearls, rinse under cold water, and transfer to the brown sugar syrup jar. Give it a mix.
- Sift the matcha powder into a bowl. Then add the hot water. Use a matcha whisk* to whisk until there’s a foam layer on top of the matcha.
- Add the vanilla extract to the matcha mixture and whisk again until combined.
- Divide the brown sugar pearls between the glasses, top with the ice cubes, milk, and lastly the matcha. Enjoy!
- †A premium grade of matcha is preferable for this drink over culinary or cooking grade matcha.
- †Ideally around 175°F/80°C.
- †Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium.
- * If you don’t have a matcha whisk, add the same amount of matcha and warm (rather than hot) water to a jar, and shake until combined.
- Best to enjoy this bubble tea immediately.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 372 kcal
|Total fat||8.7 g|
|Saturated fat||0.6 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||68.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.4 g|
|Total sugars||23.6 g|
|Added sugars||13.3 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||2 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes