To make the powdered mix
4 tsp (25 g)
2 tsp (4 g)matcha powder*
1 tsp (4 g)coconut sugar
To make the lattes
1½ cups (360 mL)barista oat milk**
1 cup (240 mL)canned light coconut milk
¼ cup (60 mL)hot water, at around 80°C/175°F
- To a jar, add the matcha powder and sugars, and mix to combine***.
- To a saucepan, add the oat milk and coconut milk to heat up. Whisk throughout, and remove from the heat when hot but not yet boiling.
- To make one latte, add 1 Tbsp of the powdered mix and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of hot water to a cup. Avoid using boiling water straight out of the kettle as this can make the matcha taste more bitter. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Divide the hot milk between your cups and top with foamed milk, if desired. Enjoy!
- * A premium grade of matcha is preferable for this drink over culinary or cooking grade matcha.
- ** Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium.
- *** Make-ahead: in the photos and video, we batch-made 12 servings of the powdered mix. To make a larger batch as we did, simply use the scaling feature to scale up the recipe to your desired number of servings.
- The prepared latte is best enjoyed immediately.
- The dry latte mix can be stored in an airtight jar or container for up to 6 months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 278 kCal
|Total fat||16 g|
|Saturated fat||8 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||46 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g|
|Total sugars||38 g|
|Added sugars||27 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||1 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||1 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes