View on phone
To make the powdered mix
4 tsp (18 g)
2 tsp (4 g)matcha powder†
1 tsp (4 g)coconut sugar
To make the lattes
1½ cups (360 mL)barista oat milk†
1 cup (240 mL)canned light coconut milk
¼ cup (60 mL)hot water, at around 80°C/175°F
Make your own
- To a jar, add the vanilla sugar, matcha powder, and coconut sugar. Mix to combine*.
- To a saucepan, add the oat milk and coconut milk to heat up. Whisk throughout, and remove from the heat when hot, but not yet boiling.
- To make one latte, add 1 Tbsp of the powdered mix and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of hot water to each cup. Avoid using boiling water straight out of the kettle as this can make the matcha bitter. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Divide the hot milk between your cups and top with foamed milk, if desired. Enjoy!
- †A premium grade of matcha is preferable for this drink over culinary or cooking grade matcha.
- †Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium.
- * Make-ahead: in the photos, we batch-made 12 servings of the powdered mix. Simply use the scaling feature to scale the recipe to your desired number of servings.
- The prepared latte is best enjoyed immediately.
- The dry latte mix can be stored in an airtight jar in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 232 kcal
|Total fat||13.3 g|
|Saturated fat||7.4 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||25.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.4 g|
|Total sugars||17.9 g|
|Added sugars||10.6 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||2 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||1 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes