Vanilla Coconut Matcha Latte
10 ingredients or less
To make the powdered mix
4 tsp (18 g)
2 tsp (4 g)matcha powder†
1 tsp (4 g)coconut sugar
To make the lattes
1½ cups (360 mL)barista oat milk†
1 cup (240 mL)canned light coconut milk
¼ cup (60 mL)hot water, at around 80°C/175°F
Make your own
- To a jar, add the vanilla sugar, matcha powder, and coconut sugar. Mix to combine*.
- To a saucepan, add the oat milk and coconut milk to heat up. Whisk throughout, and remove from the heat when hot, but not yet boiling.
- To make one latte, add 1 Tbsp of the powdered mix and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of hot water to each cup. Avoid using boiling water straight out of the kettle as this can make the matcha bitter. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Divide the hot milk between your cups and top with foamed milk, if desired. Enjoy!
- †A premium grade of matcha is preferable for this drink over culinary or cooking grade matcha.
- †Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium.
- * Make-ahead: in the photos, we batch-made 12 servings of the powdered mix. Simply use the scaling feature to scale the recipe to your desired number of servings.
- The prepared latte is best enjoyed immediately.
- The dry latte mix can be stored in an airtight jar in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 232 kcal
|Total fat||13.3 g|
|Saturated fat||7.4 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||25.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.4 g|
|Total sugars||17.9 g|
|Added sugars||10.6 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||2 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||1 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Show nutrition info
Hide nutrition info
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes
Discussion & Rating
I loved this recipe!! I had never tasted matcha and this was delicious!
So yummy. Perfect amount of sweetness without loosing the matcha flavor.
This was super good! I've been trying to drink less coffee lately because of stomach issues and this recipe was a great introduction to matcha 🍵
Loves it so much that I immediately made a bigger batch to have on hand. Thank you!
Ho provato questo "latte" matcha al cocco con mia figlia e devo dire che è semplicemente delizioso.
Ho anche provato a fare altre vostre ricette e ci sono piaciute tutte.
Grazie mille per i vostri consigli.
First time trying today! It’s beautiful! I’ve chosen to only use coconut milk. After trying a few different matcha lattes from different sites, this one is the best. Thank you!
What brand of matcha do you recommend or ingredients to look for when buying matcha?
Love it! I first tried with the suggested milk composition and it was so delicious! Lately I’ve been making the powder mix in batch and preparing with oat milk only. It is like a morning hug starting the day :) very comforting! I let the original one for special occasions <3
I really enjoy making this comforting matcha coconut latte on colder mornings when I have some time set away just for me. It makes me feel special yet it is so easy to make!
Love it gave as gifts thank you
I thought that I didn't enjoy matcha, but this changed my mind, I love the color and the swerling gradient.
I am a big fan of your other matcha recipes on the PUL blog, in fact they were my first introduction to matcha, and combining it with the flavour of coconut was how I learned to love it. ❤ This latte was so creamy and delicious! It was super comforting and I loved it.
I really enjoy your blog and recipes. This green tea is really soothing. My husband is meat and potatoes, he even rated it as "5".
I want to give this as a gift, but without adding in the matcha. I want to purchase a ceremonial matcha without adding it into the jar that way they can also enjoy a traditional matcha. How much of the vanilla sugar/coconut sugar per serving?
Thanks for the recipe! What brand do you recommend for the matcha?