(2 Tbsp per serving)
Total5 hr + 5 min
1⅓ cups (320 mL)coconut cream†
2 Tbsp (17 g)powdered sugar
1 tsp (5 mL)pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the coconut milk can upside-down in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours, but best if left in the fridge overnight to allow the liquid to separate from the fat. Refrigerate a large bowl together with the whisks of your electric hand mixer for at least 10 minutes to cool.
- Gently turn the can back right-side-up, and open the can. Pour out the liquid layer on the top, and save this for a future smoothie or curry. Using a spoon, scoop out the solid white coconut fat into a large bowl.
- Whip the coconut cream for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Then add in the icing sugar and vanilla, and whip again for an additional minute.
- Use the coconut whip to top brownies, fruit crumbles, watermelon pizza, or as a topping on your favourite hot chocolate*.
- †Coconut cream is the thick part from the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk (of at least 18% fat) refrigerated overnight. The amount of coconut fat separation can vary vastly from brand to brand. If there isn’t much coconut fat in your can, consider trying again with a different brand. 2 cans of milk are generally needed to yield 1 cup of cream.
- * Note, when added to hot desserts or drinks, the coconut whip will quickly deflate - but the taste is still delicious!
- Best if enjoyed immediately. The whip can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container or glass jar for up to 2 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (2 Tbsp per serving)
Calories 189 kcal
|Total fat||18.5 g|
|Saturated fat||16.4 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||6.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.2 g|
|Total sugars||2.8 g|
|Added sugars||2.7 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes