(2 Tbsp per serving)
Total5 hr + 5 min
1⅓ cups (320 mL)canned full-fat coconut milk
2 Tbsp (17 g)powdered sugar
1 tsp (5 mL)pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the coconut milk can upside-down in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours, but best if left in the fridge overnight to allow the liquid to separate from the fat.
- Refrigerate a large bowl together with the whisks of your electric hand mixer for at least 10 minutes to cool.
- Gently turn the can back right-side-up, and open the can. Pour out the liquid layer on the top, and save this for a future smoothie or curry. For this recipe, we only need the thick fat layer on the bottom of the can.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the solid white coconut milk fat into a large bowl. The amount of coconut milk fat can vary vastly from brand to brand. If you don't find much coconut milk fat at the bottom of your can, consider trying again with a different brand.
- Whip together the coconut fat for 3 - 4 minutes, and continue until peaks start to form that hold their shape when you stop whipping.
- Then add in the icing sugar and vanilla, and whip again for an additional minute.
- Use the coconut whip to top brownies, fruit crumbles, watermelon pizza, or as a topping on your favourite hot chocolate.
- Best if enjoyed immediately. The whip can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container or glass jar for up to 2 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (2 Tbsp per serving)
Calories 97 kcal
|Total fat||9 g|
|Saturated fat||8 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||4 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g|
|Total sugars||4 g|
|Added sugars||3 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes