(1 Tbsp per serving)
1½ cups (360 mL)canned full-fat coconut milk†
½ cup (112 g)granulated sugar
Use this to make
Make your own
- Add the coconut milk and sugar to a heavy-bottomed* saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat while stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat to low, and let the milk very gently simmer for 45 minutes. Be careful to not let it simmer too aggressively. Give it a stir every 5 - 10 minutes. The mixture should reduce in volume by about half in that time.
- The condensed milk is ready when it has slightly thickened but is still pourable. When a spoon is dipped into the mixture, it should leave a thin layer on the spoon when the spoon is lifted out of the saucepan. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the condensed coconut milk to a sterilized jar to fully cool off. Transfer to the fridge for at least one hour, it will thicken more in the fridge as it cools**. Enjoy!
- †We recommend using a coconut milk can that has no emulsifier (such as guar gum) in the ingredient list. We've found this results in a condensed milk with a more desirable and homogeneous consistency.
- * A heavy-bottomed pot is thicker at the base and will absorb and distribute the heat more evenly. It's less prone to hot spots, which means there's less chance the condensed milk will burn.
- ** Out of the fridge, you may notice your condensed milk is thinner or thicker than the one pictured. This is normal and may depend on different factors, such as the fat content of the coconut milk used, or the intensity at which the mixture was simmering on the stove.
- The sweetened condensed coconut milk can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (1 Tbsp per serving)
Calories 62 kcal
|Total fat||3.6 g|
|Saturated fat||3.2 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||7.6 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.5 g|
|Total sugars||7.7 g|
|Added sugars||7.0 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes