(20g per serving)
1 cup (224 g)granulated sugar
6 Tbsp (90 mL)water
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan* on medium heat, add the sugar and water.
- Avoid mixing with spoons or utensils as this can cause sugar crystals to form. If the mixture needs it, swirl the pan to help dissolve the sugar.
- When the sugar is dissolved, turn the heat to medium-high and allow the mixture to bubble until it starts to turn golden, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Watch the sugar closely to avoid burning, as caramelization happens quickly. When caramelized to your liking, carefully** pour the liquid sugar onto the prepared baking tray.
- Tilt the tray to spread the sugar out if desired for thinner shards.
- Once completely cooled, use the back of a spoon to tap the caramel and break it into shards. For finer caramel dust, you can use a rolling pin to crush the caramel or place the pieces in a food processor and pulse a few times. Enjoy!
- * A heavy-bottomed pan is thicker at the base, meaning it can distribute heat better than a thinner pan. As a result, the sugar will melt more evenly and is less likely to burn.
- ** Be extremely careful with this, as the melted sugar is incredibly hot.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (20g per serving)
Calories 87 kcal
|Total fat||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||22.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.0 g|
|Total sugars||22.4 g|
|Added sugars||22.4 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes