Total1 hr + 20 min
1 cup (240 mL)aquafaba*
2bags flavoured tea**
6.1 oz (175 g)
fresh mint leaves
Make your own
- Add the aquafaba to a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add a flavoured tea bag of your choice to the saucepan.
- Heat the aquafaba to let the flavour of the tea steep in the liquid for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat just before it starts to simmer, and transfer the liquid to a large bowl to cool.
- Make sure your bowl and electric hand mixer are grease-free. Whisk the aquafaba until stiff peaks are formed, this should take around 6 - 8 minutes. You can check the stiffness by turning the bowl carefully sideways; the mixture should not move.
- Melt the chocolate next. If using a microwave: add the chocolate to a bowl, and microwave at 20-second intervals, stopping to stir in between. When the chocolate is nearly fully melted, stop microwaving, and continue to stir with your spoon. The heat from the bowl will melt the remaining bits of chocolate. If using a stove: fill a saucepan halfway with boiling water, and allow the water to remain at a simmer. Add a bowl to the top of the saucepan, and add the chocolate to the bowl. Continuously stir until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Let the chocolate cool off a bit. Then, in a slow and steady stream, add chocolate to the aquafaba, carefully stirring with a rubber spatula. Be careful not to over mix, as the mousse can lose its air.
- Scoop the mixture into some glass jars and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with your desired garnish, and enjoy!
- * Aquafaba is the liquid from a jar or can of chickpeas, or the liquid that chickpeas were cooked in
- ** We really enjoyed using lemon-infused green tea for this recipe, but use whatever flavour you like. You can also omit the tea-infusion entirely, and therefore, no need to warm up the aquafaba either.
- The chocolate mousse can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Nutrition per serving
Calories 182 kCal
|Total fat||13 g|
|Saturated fat||7 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||15 g|
|Dietary fiber||3 g|
|Total sugars||8 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||1 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||2 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes