Total1 hr + 20 min
1 cup (240 mL)aquafaba†
2bags flavoured tea (optional) †
6.2 oz (175 g)
Make your own
- Add the aquafaba and tea bags* to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove the pan from the heat just before it starts to simmer.
- Make sure your bowl and electric hand mixer are grease-free. Transfer the liquid and tea bags to a large bowl to cool. When cooled, remove the tea bags.
- Melt the chocolate using a microwave or on the stove, using a double boiler. Let the chocolate cool off a bit.
- Beat the cooled aquafaba until stiff peaks are formed, this should take around 6 - 8 minutes.
- In a slow and steady stream, add the melted chocolate to the aquafaba, carefully folding with a rubber spatula. Be careful not to over-mix, as the mousse can lose its air.
- Scoop the mixture into some glass jars and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. When ready to serve, top with your desired garnish, and enjoy!
- †The liquid from a jar or can of chickpeas, or the liquid that chickpeas were cooked in.
- †We really enjoyed using lemon-infused green tea for this recipe, but use whatever flavour you like. You can also omit the tea-infusion entirely.
- * Skip warming up the aquafaba if omitting the tea.
- The chocolate mousse can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 182 kcal
|Total fat||12.5 g|
|Saturated fat||7.1 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||14.6 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.2 g|
|Total sugars||7.5 g|
|Added sugars||6.4 g|
|Vitamin A||1 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin K||2 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes