1 cup (240 mL)peanut butter
3Medjool dates, pits removed†
1 tsp (5 mL)
1¼ cups (94 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
5.3 oz (150 g)
roasted unsalted peanuts
unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
Make your own
- To a food processor*, add the peanut butter, dates, vanilla, and salt. Blend until smooth. Then remove the blade from the food processor and use a spoon to mix in the shredded coconut.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball**. Transfer the rolled balls to a plate and place them in the fridge or freezer.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave or on a stovetop, using a double boiler. Let the chocolate cool off a little bit. Then line a baking tray or plate with parchment paper.
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the fridge and use two forks to dip the balls into the chocolate to coat them completely. Let the excess chocolate drip off and transfer to the parchment paper.
- If desired, sprinkle with a topping before the chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!
- †We use large Medjool dates in this recipe, if your dates are on the smaller side, try adding 1 - 2 more.
- * If you don't own a food processor, you can also mash the dates using a fork and then mix them with the other ingredients. If the dates are not soft, soak in warm water for 10 minutes first.
- ** If the mixture is too sticky and doesn't form into balls easily, add a bit more shredded coconut and try again.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per ball
Calories 162 kcal
|Total fat||12.6 g|
|Saturated fat||5.5 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||10.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.7 g|
|Total sugars||5.8 g|
|Added sugars||1.7 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes