1 cup (14 g)puffed rice
1 cup (240 mL)peanut butter*
½ cup (40 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tbsp (30 mL)maple syrup, or more if you like it sweeter
¼ cup (60 g)
unsweetened shredded coconut
- To a medium-sized bowl, add the puffed rice, peanut butter, coconut, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Mix.
- Add the chocolate chips, if using, and mix in until evenly distributed in the dough.
- Taste test and add more maple syrup if you prefer the balls to be sweeter. As it is, the balls aren't too sweet.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop a large spoonful of dough into your hands and roll it into a ball**. Repeat with remaining dough until finished.
- Optional step, roll the energy balls through extra toasted shredded coconut.
- * If your peanut butter is already salted, consider omitting this salt.
- ** The consistency of nut butters can vary from brand to brand. Some are more fluid, others more firm. If you find that the mixture is too wet to easily form into balls with your hands, simply add a bit more (about 1 Tbsp at a time) of shredded coconut and mix again, and continue until the mixture is easy to work with.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutrition per ball
Calories 99 kCal
|Total fat||8 g|
|Saturated fat||2 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||6 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g|
|Total sugars||3 g|
|Added sugars||1 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes