(¼ cup per serving)
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
1 Tbsp (14 g)refined coconut oil, melted
1 pinchcayenne pepper (optional)
2 cups (276 g)raw almonds
2 Tbsp (16 g)raw sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the maple syrup, coconut oil, salt, and cayenne.
- Then add in the nuts and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking tray, and roast on the middle rack of the oven for 5 minutes.
- Then remove from the oven, add the sesame seeds, toss to coat, and roast for another 5 - 7 minutes, or until lightly golden. Note: the nuts continue to cook a little even after taken out of the oven and the mixture may still look wet but it will harden as it cools, so be careful not to over-cook the nuts.
- Allow the nuts to cool fully before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 weeks.
- Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Nutrition per serving (¼ cup per serving)
Calories 247 kCal
|Total fat||21 g|
|Saturated fat||3 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||11 g|
|Dietary fiber||4 g|
|Total sugars||5 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||8 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes