(8 chips per serving)
4large tortilla wraps
1½ Tbsp (22 mL)vegetable oil
¼ tsppaprika powder
⅛ tspground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Cut each tortilla into 12 pieces and transfer the pieces to a large bowl.
- Pour half the oil over the tortillas, toss, then add the remaining oil. Toss again. Adding the oil in parts helps to ensure that it's evenly distributed between the pieces.
- Sprinkle the salt, paprika, and pepper over the oiled pieces and gently mix, ensuring all pieces have some seasoning on them.
- Lay the pieces in a single layer over two parchment-lined baking trays. Crowding all the pitas onto one tray can cause the chips to steam rather than roast, which might prevent them from getting crispy.
- Bake in the oven on the middle and lowest rack for 3 - 4 minutes. Rotate the pans and bake for another 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from the oven when the edges of the chips are toasted. Keep an eye on them during baking because they can easily over toast.
- Serve the chips with your favourite salsa, dip or spread and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If they start to lose their crispness, re-toast in the oven for 1 - 2 minutes.
Nutrition per serving (8 chips per serving)
Calories 176 kCal
|Total fat||7 g|
|Saturated fat||2 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||23 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Total sugars||2 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||2 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||8 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes