3sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tsp (5 g)arrowroot starch (optional)
2 tsp (10 mL)vegetable oil
1 tsp (2 g)onion powder
1 tsp (1 g)dried oregano
½ tsppaprika powder
Make your own
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
- Cut the sweet potatoes into ½ inch (1 cm) thick fries. Try to cut the fries in similar thickness, so they will cook evenly.
- Soak the fries in cold water for about 5 minutes to remove the starch. This will help to get crispier fries.
- Drain, then dry the fries well using a clean kitchen cloth.
- Transfer the potatoes to a parchment-lined baking tray. Cover with arrowroot starch and massage into the sweet potatoes using your hands; this is optional but does help to crispen up the potatoes.
- Then cover with oil, onion powder, oregano, paprika powder, and salt and toss to coat.
- Divide the fries over two parchment paper-lined baking trays and spread them apart, leaving as much room as possible between the potatoes. If the potatoes are over-crowded on the tray, the steam inhibits them from crispening up.
- Bake in the centre rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Give it a stir, and then bake for another 10 minutes, or until golden. Enjoy them with your favourite dip!
- Best if enjoyed it immediately.
- Can store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days; it's recommended to re-heat in the oven to crispen the fries back up.
Nutrition per serving
Calories 225 kCal
|Total fat||5 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||43 g|
|Dietary fiber||7 g|
|Total sugars||8 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||1397 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1 mg|
|Vitamin K||13 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes