15.8 oz (450 g)firm tofu, pressed
1 tsp (5 mL)olive oil
1 Tbsp (8 g)cornstarch (optional)
1 tsp (3 g)garlic powder
¼ tspground black pepper
2 Tbsp (30 mL)olive oil
¼ tspdried oregano
¼ tspdried thyme
¼ tspdried basil
⅛ tspground black pepper
1yellow bell pepper, chopped in 1-inch pieces
1red bell pepper, chopped in 1-inch pieces
1large red onion, , chopped in 1-inch pieces
1large sweet potato, cut into very thin bite-sized squares†
½medium zucchini, cut into thin bite-sized squares
Serves well with
Make your own
- Soak about 20 - 25 wooden 7 inch (18 cm) skewers in a shallow dish of water for about 15 minutes. This will prevent the skewers from burning when they are baking. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch (2 cm) bite-sized squares that are rather thin, but not too thin that they fall apart when threading through the skewer. If cut too thick, they won't crisp up as nicely.
- To a large shallow dish, add the tofu pieces, drizzle over the olive oil, and gently toss to coat. Then add the cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and give it another gentle toss.
- To a medium bowl, add the ingredients for the marinade, and give it a mix.
- Thread the tofu on the skewers along with the chopped veggies. Repeat until the skewer is filled up, and finish it with a cherry tomato on top.
- Brush the marinade over the skewers, and place the skewers onto a wire rack. Place the rack into the centre of the oven, with a baking tray underneath to catch any liquid that drips off.
- Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked to your liking. These skewers are delicious on their own, but we definitely recommend enjoying them together with our vegan tzatziki recipe! Enjoy!
- †The sweet potato needs to be cut thinly so that it finishes cooking at the same time as the other veggies.
- The skewers can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per skewer
Calories 52 kcal
|Total fat||3 g|
|Saturated fat||0 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||5 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g|
|Total sugars||2 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||97 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||22 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||3 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes