View on phone
16 oz (450 g)firm tofu, pressed
1 tsp (5 mL)olive oil
1 Tbsp (8 g)cornstarch (optional)
1 tsp (3 g)garlic powder
¼ tspground black pepper
2 Tbsp (30 mL)olive oil
¼ tspdried oregano
¼ tspdried thyme
¼ tspdried basil
⅛ tspground black pepper
1yellow bell pepper, cut in 2cm pieces
1red bell pepper, cut in 2cm pieces
1large red onion, cut in 2cm pieces
1large sweet potato, very thinly sliced †
½zucchini, cut in 2cm pieces
Serves well with
Make your own
- Soak about 20 - 25 wooden 7 inch (18 cm) skewers in a shallow dish of water for about 15 minutes. This will prevent the skewers from burning when they are baking. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch (2 cm) bite-sized squares that are rather thin, but not too thin that they fall apart when threading through the skewer. If cut too thick, they won't crisp up as nicely.
- Add the tofu to a large bowl, drizzle over the olive oil, and gently toss to coat.
- Then add the cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and give it another gentle toss.
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade to a bowl, and give it a mix.
- Thread the tofu on the skewers along with the chopped veggies. Finish it with a cherry tomato on top!
- Brush the marinade over the skewers, and place the skewers onto a wire rack. Place the rack into the centre of the oven, with a baking tray underneath to catch any liquid that drips off.
- Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked to your liking. These skewers are delicious on their own, but we definitely recommend enjoying them together with our vegan tzatziki recipe! Enjoy!
- †The sweet potato needs to be cut thinly so that it finishes cooking at the same time as the other veggies.
- The skewers can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per skewer
Calories 51 kcal
|Total fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated fat||0.4 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||5.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.1 g|
|Total sugars||1.7 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||86 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||22.4 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin K||4 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes