(¼ cup per serving)
1 tsp (5 mL)olive oil
1clove garlic, minced
2 cups (370 g)cooked cannellini beans
¼ cup (38 g)sun-dried tomato in oil, drained
2 Tbsp (30 mL)fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp (9 g)
1 tsp (5 mL)
1 pinchsalt, to taste
1 pinchground black pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp (6 g)fresh chives
- Add the oil and onion to a medium pan on high heat. Sauté until the onions become soft and start to become lightly golden about 4 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and continue to saute until fragrant and the onions have lightly caramelized, which takes about 2 more minutes. Add splashes of water as needed to deglaze and prevent burning throughout.
- Add the cooked onion, garlic, and all remaining ingredients, excluding the chives, to a food processor and blend until well combined. Some chunks can remain if you’d like a bit more texture.
- Then stir in the chives by hand.
- Serve and enjoy immediately, but if you're able, it's best to cover and allow to sit in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavours to meld.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar before serving, if desired. Hve as a dip with crackers, toasted bread and fresh veggies, or enjoy as a spread in sandwiches and wraps!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition per serving (¼ cup per serving)
Calories 125 kCal
|Total fat||4 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||17 g|
|Dietary fiber||4 g|
|Total sugars||3 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||5 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||1 μg|
|Vitamin C||9 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1 mg|
|Vitamin K||9 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes