View on phone
1½ cups (224 g)cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
½ cup (12 g)fresh basil, thinly sliced
¼ cup (38 g)sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, roughly chopped
1 tsp (5 mL)oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
½ Tbsp (4 g)capers, finely chopped
1 tsp (2 g)onion powder
¼ tspground black pepper
½ cup (120 mL)
1large baguette, cut into rounds
1 Tbsp (15 mL)oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
Make your own
- In a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and oil, capers, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside to allow the flavours to meld.
- Make the balsamic reduction* by pouring the vinegar in a saucepan. Cook uncovered at a gentle boil until the volume reduces to about a quarter or third of the original volume, about 8 minutes. Stir often.
- Brush both sides of the bread with the sun-dried tomato oil and toast on a frying pan on high heat, or in the oven on broil until the edges are golden.
- Serve the bruschetta with the toasted bread, drizzle over a very small amount of the balsamic reduction, and enjoy!
- †1 - 2 Tbsp is also sufficient if you don't want to make a reduction.
- * If short on time, mix 1 - 2 Tbsp (5 - 10 mL) balsamic vinegar in the bruschetta instead of making the reduction.
- The bruschetta will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The balsamic reduction can be kept at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 567 kcal
|Total fat||12.0 g|
|Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||96.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||5.4 g|
|Total sugars||20.3 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||50 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||24.7 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||3.3 mg|
|Vitamin K||25 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes