Double Tomato Bruschetta with Balsamic Reduction
10 ingredients or less
1½ cups (224 g)cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
½ cup (12 g)fresh basil, thinly sliced
¼ cup (38 g)sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, roughly chopped
1 tsp (5 mL)oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
½ Tbsp (4 g)capers, finely chopped
1 tsp (2 g)onion powder
¼ tspground black pepper
½ cup (120 mL)
1large baguette, cut into rounds
1 Tbsp (15 mL)oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
Make your own
- In a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and oil, capers, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside to allow the flavours to meld.
- Make the balsamic reduction* by pouring the vinegar in a saucepan. Cook uncovered at a gentle boil until the volume reduces to about a quarter or third of the original volume, about 8 minutes. Stir often.
- Brush both sides of the bread with the sun-dried tomato oil and toast on a frying pan on high heat, or in the oven on broil until the edges are golden.
- Serve the bruschetta with the toasted bread, drizzle over a very small amount of the balsamic reduction, and enjoy!
- †1 - 2 Tbsp is also sufficient if you don't want to make a reduction.
- * If short on time, mix 1 - 2 Tbsp (5 - 10 mL) balsamic vinegar in the bruschetta instead of making the reduction.
- The bruschetta will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The balsamic reduction can be kept at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 567 kcal
|Total fat||12.0 g|
|Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||96.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||5.4 g|
|Total sugars||20.3 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||50 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||24.7 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||3.3 mg|
|Vitamin K||25 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Show nutrition info
Hide nutrition info
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes
Discussion & Rating
Delicious and easy to make! A real crowd pleaser.
This is incredible! I was so excited to eat this I forgot the balsamic reduction (I’ll have to try it next time). The sun dried tomatoes and capers really add a depth to the flavor.
hello from Minnesota! Thinking about making this with a food processor. Thoughts?
Just made this for lunch and even with winter tomatoes it tastes great! The balsamic reduction drizzle is a must even for those who aren't fans of vinegar. I'll be making this dish over and over again 🥰
Hi Sadia !
I want to know if at all make the bruschetta a bit ahead of time (let's say the same day but a few hours before my guests arrive), how am I supposed to store them and what would be the right way to serve them (do I heat them again or microwave them)
Put it together with some quinoa, so yummy. Will definitely be making it again!
This recipe is delicious! And easy to make! I’ve made it for 3 different events and each time everyone has loved it!
I love your website! it's awesome! very enlightening, clean and not overwhelming. Great job! Your recepies are awesome I love your serving dishes they are rare. Have not seen them here in the States.
I LOVE THESE!!! I made this one for my family and it was an instant hit. Even my siblings who have a distaste for tomatoes, like this recipe. It is SO tasty and flavourful. I am so grateful for PUL for sharing these delicious and nutritious recipes.
Tried it on a whim and my best friend said we need to have it on a weekly basis. So good!
Wow! This is super delicious! Thanks for sharing :-)