1½ cups (270 g)cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
½ cup (12 g)fresh basil, thinly sliced
¼ cup (38 g)sun-dried tomato in oil, drained, roughly chopped
½ Tbsp (4 g)capers, finely chopped
1 tsp (2 g)onion powder
1 tsp (5 mL)oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
¼ tsp (2 g)salt
¼ tsp (1 g)ground black pepper
½ cup (120 mL)
1baguette, cut into rounds
1 Tbsp (15 mL)oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine and set aside to allow the flavours to meld.
- Make the balsamic reduction* by pouring the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and allow to cook uncovered at a gentle boil until the volume reduces by about a quarter, which will take about 5 - 10 minutes.
- For the grilled toasts, brush both sides of the bread rounds with the sun-dried tomato oil and toast on a frying pan on high heat, or in the oven on broil, until the edges are golden. Top the tomato mixture on your toasted bread, drizzle over a very small amount of the balsamic reduction, and enjoy!
- * If short on time, simply mix 1 - 2 Tbsp (5 - 10 mL) balsamic vinegar in the bruschetta instead of making the reduction.
- Variations: try with roasted garlic.
- Serve on toasted bread, sturdy crackers, or as a topper to your favourite hummus!
- The bruschetta will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The balsamic reduction can be kept at room temperature for up to a week.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 436 kCal
|Total fat||11 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||71 g|
|Dietary fiber||4 g|
|Total sugars||18 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||57 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||27 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||3 mg|
|Vitamin K||31 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes