(½ cup per serving)
Total1 hr + 10 min
3 cups (243 g)
1 cup (143 g)raw almonds, coarsely chopped
½ cup (72 g)
½ cup (62 g)raw sunflower seeds
¾ cup (60 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup (120 mL)
¼ cup (60 mL)
Optional add-ins (after baked)
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C) and place a sheet of baking paper onto a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, seeds, and coconut.
- To a small bowl, add the maple syrup, oil, and salt, and whisk until it's well combined. Pour this over the oat mixture and toss it to coat.
- Transfer the granola to the baking tray and bake on the centre rack of the oven for 60 - 70 minutes**, or until lightly golden. Stir every 15 - 20 minutes to achieve an even golden colour.
- When removed from the oven, let cool completely. It will continue to harden as it cools.
- * If you would like this granola to be less sweet, use ⅓ cup maple syrup instead.
- ** Want to shorten the cooking time? Turn up the heat a bit, but be sure to keep an eye on it and stir more frequently to avoid burning. The mixture is ready when it's lightly golden.
- Variations: add spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Store sealed and on the counter for up to 3 weeks.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (½ cup per serving)
Calories 319 kCal
|Total fat||21 g|
|Saturated fat||8 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||28 g|
|Dietary fiber||5 g|
|Total sugars||9 g|
|Added sugars||8 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||5 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes