(½ cup per serving)
Total1 hr + 10 min
3 cups (243 g)
1 cup (143 g)raw almonds, coarsely chopped
½ cup (72 g)
½ cup (62 g)raw sunflower seeds
¾ cup (60 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup (120 mL)
¼ cup (60 mL)refined coconut oil, melted
Optional add-ins (after baked)
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C) and place a sheet of baking paper onto a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, seeds, coconut, and salt.
- Pour over the maple syrup, and oil, and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking tray and bake in the centre rack of the oven for 60 - 70 minutes, or until lightly golden. Stir every 15 - 20 minutes to achieve an even golden colour.
- When removed from the oven, let cool. It will continue to harden as it cools.
- If adding any dried fruits, stir it in now.
- * If you would like this granola to be less sweet, use ⅓ cup maple syrup instead.
- Variations: add spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Want to shorten the cooking time? Turn up the heat a bit, but be sure to keep an eye on it and stir more frequently to avoid burning. The mixture is ready when it's lightly golden.
- Store sealed and on the counter for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition per serving (½ cup per serving)
Calories 318 kCal
|Total fat||21 g|
|Saturated fat||8 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||28 g|
|Dietary fiber||5 g|
|Total sugars||9 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||5 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes