(½ cup per serving)
Total1 hr + 10 min
3 cups (243 g)
1 cup (143 g)raw almonds, coarsely chopped
½ cup (72 g)
½ cup (62 g)raw sunflower seeds
¾ cup (60 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup (120 mL)
¼ cup (60 mL)
Optional add-ins (after baked)
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C) and place a sheet of baking paper onto a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, seeds, and coconut.
- To a small bowl, add the maple syrup, oil, and salt, and whisk until it's well combined. Pour this over the oat mixture and toss it to coat.
- Transfer the granola to the baking tray and bake on the centre rack of the oven for 60 - 70 minutes, or until lightly golden. Stir every 15 - 20 minutes to achieve an even golden colour.
- When removed from the oven, let cool completely. It will continue to harden as it cools.
- * If you would like this granola to be less sweet, use ⅓ cup maple syrup instead.
- Variations: add spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Want to shorten the cooking time? Turn up the heat a bit, but be sure to keep an eye on it and stir more frequently to avoid burning. The mixture is ready when it's lightly golden.
- Store sealed and on the counter for up to 3 weeks.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (½ cup per serving)
Calories 319 kCal
|Total fat||21 g|
|Saturated fat||8 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||28 g|
|Dietary fiber||5 g|
|Total sugars||9 g|
|Added sugars||8 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||5 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes