(½ cup per serving)
Total1 hr + 10 min
3 cups (243 g)
1 cup (143 g)raw almonds, chopped
½ cup (72 g)
½ cup (62 g)raw sunflower seeds
¾ cup (56 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup (120 mL)
¼ cup (54 g)refined coconut oil, melted†
Optional add-ins (after baked)
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C) and line a baking tray. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, seeds, and coconut.
- Pour the maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt over the oat mixture and toss it to coat. Transfer to the baking tray and bake on the centre rack of the oven for 60 - 70 minutes*, or until lightly golden. Stir every 15 - 20 minutes.
- When removed from the oven, let cool completely. It will continue to harden as it cools. If adding any dried fruits, stir it in now, then transfer the granola to an airtight container or large glass storage jar. Enjoy!
- †Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts. If you prefer a distinct coconut taste, use unrefined coconut oil instead.
- Variations: add spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- * Shorten the cooking time by turning up the heat a bit, but keep an eye on it and stir more frequently to avoid burning.
- Store sealed and on the counter for up to 3 weeks.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (½ cup per serving)
Calories 316 kcal
|Total fat||20.3 g|
|Saturated fat||7.9 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||28.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||5.3 g|
|Total sugars||9.2 g|
|Added sugars||7.9 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||4.5 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes