(½ cup per serving)
2 cups (162 g)
½ cup (72 g)
½ cup (62 g)raw sunflower seeds
½ cup (58 g)raw walnuts
½ cup (54 g)raw pecans
⅓ cup (27 g)
¼ cup (20 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tbsp (21 g)
½ cup (120 mL)
¼ cup (54 g)refined coconut oil, melted
1 tsp (5 mL)pure vanilla extract (optional)
1.7 oz (50 g)dairy-free dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C) and line a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper.
- To a food processor, add the oats, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, walnuts, pecans, cocoa, coconut, chia seeds and salt. Give it a few pulses to roughly chop the oats, seeds and nuts. If you don't have a food processor, you can also coarsely chop the nuts and seeds with a knife.
- Remove the blade from the food processor. If the blades can't be removed, transfer the contents to a large bowl instead. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the nuts and seeds and mix using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tray and spread it out evenly.
- Let the granola bake in the oven on the centre rack for 20 - 22 minutes, stirring halfway to ensure even baking.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely. It will harden as it cools.
- Once completely cool, mix in the chocolate chunks, and enjoy with milk or yogurt and fresh fruit.
- Store the granola in an airtight container or large glass storage jar in a cool and dry place for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition per serving (½ cup per serving)
Calories 407 kCal
|Total fat||28 g|
|Saturated fat||10 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||34 g|
|Dietary fiber||7 g|
|Total sugars||13 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||2 mg|
|Vitamin K||2 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes