½ cup (109 g)refined coconut oil, solid, packed*
⅔ cup (147 g)brown sugar, packed
½ cup (120 mL)unsweetened soy milk
⅓ cup (36 g)
3 Tbsp (45 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
1 tsp (3 g)baking powder
¾ tspbaking soda
½ tspinstant coffee granules (optional)
2 cups (276 g)all-purpose flour
5.2 oz (150 g)dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar using a fork.
- Then add the plant milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, instant coffee granules, and salt. Mix under very well combined. The mixture might look a bit clumpy, and that's okay.
- If the temperature is warm where you are, you may want to consider chilling this mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up, otherwise, the cookies flatten and spread too much when baking in the oven.
- Add the flour to the bowl and stir until just combined. Careful to not over-mix.
- Then gently fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Form little balls out of the dough and evenly distribute, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- To decorate, add a few bits of chopped chocolate to the top of each cookie.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 12 - 14 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 minute on the cooking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- * The coconut oil needs to be solid for this recipe, and not melted. If the oil is soft, simply place it in the fridge until hardened. Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts. Using refined coconut oil is preferred to unrefined as the cookies retain a more neutral flavour.
- Store in an airtight container or large glass storage jar on the counter for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per cookie
Calories 205 kCal
|Total fat||10 g|
|Saturated fat||7 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||27 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Total sugars||12 g|
|Added sugars||10 g|
|Vitamin A||4 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes