½ cup (109 g)refined coconut oil, solid, packed†
⅔ cup (147 g)brown sugar, packed
½ cup (120 mL)unsweetened soy milk
⅓ cup (35 g)
3 Tbsp (45 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
1 tsp (3 g)baking powder
¾ tspbaking soda
½ tspinstant coffee granules (optional)
2 cups (276 g)all-purpose flour
5.2 oz (150 g)dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped (plus extra for decoration if desired)
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar using a fork.
- Then add the milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, instant coffee, and salt. Mix well. The mixture might look a bit clumpy, and that's okay*.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Add the flour to the bowl and stir until just combined. Careful to not over-mix.
- Then gently fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Form little balls out of the dough and evenly distribute, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on a lined baking tray.
- To decorate, add a few bits of chopped chocolate to the top of each cookie. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 12 - 14 minutes.
- Let cool on the tray for a bit before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- †Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts. If you prefer a strong coconut taste, use unrefined coconut oil instead. The coconut oil needs to be solid for this recipe, and not melted. If the oil is soft, place it in the fridge until hardened.
- * If the temperature is warm where you are, you may want to consider chilling this mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up, otherwise, the cookies flatten and spread too much when baking in the oven.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per cookie
Calories 187 kcal
|Total fat||9.1 g|
|Saturated fat||6.5 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||24.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g|
|Total sugars||11.0 g|
|Added sugars||10.3 g|
|Vitamin A||4 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes