1 Tbsp (7 g)ground flaxseeds
3 Tbsp (45 mL)water
¾ cup (150 g)granulated sugar
⅓ cup (80 mL)unsweetened applesauce
⅓ cup (80 mL)refined coconut oil, melted
1 tsp (5 mL)
1 tsp (5 g)baking soda
1 tsp (5 g)baking powder
¼ cup (20 g)
1½ cups (188 g)all-purpose flour
1.7 oz (50 g)dairy-free dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), and lightly grease or line the inside of a muffin tin.
- To a large bowl, add the ground flaxseeds and water, mix, and allow to sit for 5 minutes to gel.
- Once thickened, add the bananas and mash until very well combined.
- Whisk in the sugar, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder and mix again.
- Then add the flour, a third at a time, until just combined being careful not to over-mix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate (tip: reserve some for the top!).
- Evenly divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Top each muffin with the reserved chocolate chunks and bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the top looks set and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, ideally reheating before enjoying.
Nutrition per muffin
Calories 223 kCal
|Total fat||9 g|
|Saturated fat||6 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||36 g|
|Dietary fiber||3 g|
|Total sugars||18 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||1 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||3 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes