⅔ cup (151 g)margarine
⅔ cup (147 g)brown sugar
½ cup (100 g)granulated sugar
⅓ cup (80 mL)unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbsp (7 g)ground flaxseeds
2 tsp (5 g)ground cinnamon
1 tsp (5 mL)
1 tsp (5 g)baking powder
1 tsp (5 g)baking soda
2 cups (250 g)all-purpose flour
2 cups (162 g)
1⅓ cups (107 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup (109 g)raw pecans, coarsely chopped
¾ cup (180 g)
coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the margarine, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a large bowl, and whip. If you don't have an electric hand mixer, simply cream using a fork.
- Add the applesauce, flaxseeds, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whip again, until everything is well combined.
- Add the flour, oats, and coconut flakes, and gently fold together with a spoon or with your hands.
- Just before the mixture is completely combined, gently fold in the pecans, and chocolate chips. Stir again until just combined, but try not to over-mix.
- For each cookie, use a ¼ cup measure to scoop the amount of dough into your hands. Use your hands to form a ball, and then flatten the ball to create a cookie shape that's about 1½ cm thick. Note, these cookies don't spread when cooking, so they need to press them down into the desired shape.
- Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking tray leaving about 3 cm space between each cookie.
- For a bakery-style presentation, press some chocolate chips or chopped pecans onto the top of each cookie before baking. Bake in the centre rack of the oven for 12 - 14 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Let the cookies rest for 5 minutes on the baking tray to harden, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
- The cookies can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutrition per cookie
Calories 270 kCal
|Total fat||16 g|
|Saturated fat||6 g|
|Trans fat||1 g|
|Total carbs||32 g|
|Dietary fiber||4 g|
|Total sugars||15 g|
|Added sugars||3 g|
|Vitamin A||74 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1 mg|
|Vitamin K||6 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes