⅔ cup (151 g)unsalted margarine
⅔ cup (147 g)brown sugar
½ cup (112 g)granulated sugar
⅓ cup (80 mL)unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbsp (7 g)ground flaxseeds
2 tsp (5 g)ground cinnamon
1 tsp (5 mL)
1 tsp (3 g)baking powder
1 tsp (5 g)baking soda
2 cups (276 g)all-purpose flour
2 cups (162 g)
1⅓ cups (100 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup (99 g)raw pecans, chopped
¾ cup (126 g)
coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the margarine, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a large bowl. Whip with an electric hand mixer or cream using a fork.
- Add the applesauce, flaxseeds, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whip again, until everything is well combined.
- Add the flour, oats, and shredded coconut. Gently fold these into the dough with a spoon until partially combined.
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips. Stir again until just combined, but try not to over-mix.
- Scoop up a ¼ cup of the dough and roll it into a ball. Then flatten to create a cookie that's about 1½ cm thick*.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking tray, leaving about 3 cm space between each cookie. If desired, press some chocolate chips or chopped pecans onto the top of each cookie before baking.
- Bake in the centre rack of the oven for 12 - 14 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let the cookies rest for a few minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- * These cookies don't spread when cooking, so they need to be press down into the desired shape.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
- The cookies can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per cookie
Calories 268 kcal
|Total fat||14.9 g|
|Saturated fat||5.4 g|
|Trans fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbs||31.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.1 g|
|Total sugars||13.9 g|
|Added sugars||12.8 g|
|Vitamin A||57 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin K||7 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes