1 cup (135 g)raw blanched hazelnuts
2 Tbsp (14 g)ground flaxseeds
6 Tbsp (90 mL)water
1 tsp (3 g)ground cinnamon
2½ cups (202 g)rolled oats, divided
¾ cup (134 g)Medjool dates, pits removed
½ cup (120 mL)
⅓ cup (73 g)refined coconut oil, soft or melted†
1 tsp (5 mL)
½ cup (80 g)dried cranberries, chopped
¼ cup (36 g)
¼ cup (25 g)raw pecans
1.4 oz (40 g)dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
unsweetened coconut flakes
Make your own
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread the hazelnuts onto a baking tray and roast for 8 - 10 minutes, or until lightly golden, stirring once halfway.
- To a small bowl, add the ground flaxseeds and water. Mix and let sit for 5 minutes to gel.
- Line or lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch (18 x 27 cm) baking dish.
- To the food processor, add the hazelnuts, cinnamon, salt, and half of the oats. Blend into a flour.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining oats to the bowl as well.
- Returning to the empty food processor, add the dates and blend until a paste is formed.
- Then add the almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and gelled flaxseeds. Blend until well combined.
- Transfer the sticky mixture from the food processor into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Add the cranberries, pumpkin seeds, pecans, and chocolate to the bowl as well. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish, and press down firmly to smooth out the top. If desired, press on any of the optional toppings for decoration.
- Bake on the centre rack of the oven until lightly golden, about 14 - 17 minutes.
- Let cool completely, before cutting into bars.
- †Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts. If you prefer a distinct coconut taste, use unrefined coconut oil instead.
- The granola bars are rather dense. We found that they're a nice compliment to enjoy with something creamy, like crumbled onto some plant-based yogurt or a smoothie.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per bar
Calories 364 kcal
|Total fat||24.7 g|
|Saturated fat||7.4 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||32.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||6.3 g|
|Total sugars||14.4 g|
|Added sugars||0.7 g|
|Vitamin A||1 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||4.8 mg|
|Vitamin K||3 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes