1 cup (135 g)raw hazelnuts
2 Tbsp (14 g)ground flaxseeds
6 Tbsp (90 mL)water
1 tsp (3 g)ground cinnamon
2½ cups (202 g)
¾ cup (142 g)soft Medjool dates, pits removed
½ cup (120 mL)
⅓ cup (80 mL)
1 tsp (5 mL)
½ cup (80 g)dried cranberries, chopped
¼ cup (36 g)
¼ cup (27 g)raw pecans
1.4 oz (40 g)dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
unsweetened coconut flakes
Make your own
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread the hazelnuts onto a parchment-lined baking tray and bake in the centre rack for 8 - 10 minutes, or until lightly golden and fragrant, stirring once halfway.
- To a small bowl, add the ground flax seeds and water. Mix and let sit to gel.
- Line or lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch (18 x 27 cm) baking dish.
- Remove the hazelnuts from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, pick up a handful at a time and rub firmly between your palms so the skin falls off. Alternatively, you can rub them in a clean kitchen cloth to remove the skin.
- To the food processor, add the hazelnuts, cinnamon, salt, and half of the oats. Blend until you reach a coarse flour-like consistency.
- Transfer the contents of the food processor to a large bowl and add the remaining oats to the bowl as well.
- Back to the empty food processor, add the dates and blend until a paste is formed.
- Then add the almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and the gelled flaxseeds. Blend again until well combined.
- Transfer the sticky mixture from the food processor into the large bowl with the dry ingredients, and add the cranberries, pumpkin seeds, pecans, and chocolate to the bowl as well. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish, and press done firmly and evenly to smooth out the top. If desired, gently press on any of the optional toppings for decoration.
- Bake on the centre rack of the oven until lightly golden, about 14 - 17 minutes.
- Let cool completely, before cutting into 12 bars.
- Given that the granola bars are so dense, we actually found that they are a nice compliment to enjoy with something creamy, like crumbled onto some plant-based yogurt or a smoothie.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Nutrition per bar
Calories 396 kCal
|Total fat||25 g|
|Saturated fat||7 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||41 g|
|Dietary fiber||7 g|
|Total sugars||22 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||2 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||5 mg|
|Vitamin K||4 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes