Total2 hr + 10 min
1 cup (150 g)frozen mixed berries
1 cup (178 g)Medjool dates, pits removed
2 cups (162 g)
1 cup (240 mL)
¼ cup (28 g)ground flaxseeds
1 tsp (3 g)ground cinnamon
1½ cups (360 mL)unsweetened soy yogurt†
Make your own
- Place the frozen berries in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally. The fruits will begin to thaw and release their juices. When heated through, remove from the heat.
- In a food processor, blend the dates until smooth.
- Add the oats, almond butter, ground flaxseed, and cinnamon. Blend again until well combined.
- Transfer the mix to a lined 11 x 7 inch (18 x 28cm) baking dish and press firmly into the base of the dish. The more firmly you press, the better the bars will hold together.
- Top with the yogurt and spread out evenly.
- Dot the yogurt with the stewed berries and use a butter knife to swirl.
- Place into the freezer and let freeze for 1 - 2 hours, or until the bars are solid enough to cut.
- When removed from the freezer, cut into squares or bars of the desired size.
- Let thaw for 3 - 5 minutes and enjoy!
- †Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based yogurt that is fortified with calcium.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 weeks, with parchment paper between cut slices of the bars to prevent them from sticking to each other.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 356 kcal
|Total fat||18.7 g|
|Saturated fat||1.6 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||41.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||7.4 g|
|Total sugars||16.2 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||3 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||8.4 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||7.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||4 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes