(½ cup per serving)
1 cupsoft Medjool dates, pits removed*
½ cup (120 mL)
3 Tbsp (45 mL)water
3 cups (243 g)
½ cup (72 g)raw almonds, roughly chopped
½ cup (65 g)raw cashews, roughly chopped
½ cup (80 g)raisins**
¼ cup (31 g)raw sunflower seeds
¼ cup (36 g)
¼ cup (20 g)unsweetened shredded coconut
½ tspground cinnamon
¼ tspsalt (optional)
Make your own
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Add the dates, tahini, and water to a food processor and blend on high until creamy.
- To a large bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Add in the date mixture to the bowl and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Spread the granola evenly on parchment-lined baking tray and press flat.
- Bake in the centre rack of the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, stopping one or two times to stir and flatten again if needed to prevent burning and to ensure the granola cooks evenly.
- When the granola is lightly golden, remove from the oven and let cool on the baking tray. Note the granola continues to harden as it cools.
- * If the dates are not soft, soak in warm water until softened, drain.
- ** Add the raisins to bake with the rest of the ingredients if you like raisins that are slightly caramelised and hardened. Alternatively, add the raisins after everything is finished baking and stir in so that the raisins remain chewy.
- This recipe has been slightly modified from Jenny Mustards’ Super Healthy Granola recipe, and is shared with permission.
- Store sealed on the counter for up to two weeks.
Nutrition per serving (½ cup per serving)
Calories 288 kCal
|Total fat||15 g|
|Saturated fat||3 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||35 g|
|Dietary fiber||6 g|
|Total sugars||15 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||1 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||2 mg|
|Vitamin K||3 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes