2 cups (356 g)Medjool dates, pits removed
2 Tbsp (27 g)refined coconut oil, melted†
½ cup (53 g)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)water
½ cup (55 g)roasted unsalted pecans
⅓ cup (50 g)
1 pinchflaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). In a food processor, blend the dates, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and water until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Alternatively, if you don't have a food processor, mash the dates with a fork and mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the roasted pecans, chocolate, and a pinch of salt. Blend again, but let some chunks of pecans and chocolate remain.
- Transfer the mixture into a parchment-lined 9 x 9 inch (21 x 21 cm) baking dish, and spread evenly. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Alternatively, skip the baking and put them straight into the fridge for chewy no-bake brownies.
- When removed from the oven, top with some more crushed pecans, chopped chocolate, and a sprinkle of sea salt if desired. Gently press these in to secure them.
- Let cool before cutting. These brownies are fudgiest if kept in the fridge. Enjoy!
- †Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts. Using refined coconut oil is preferred to unrefined as the brownies retain a more neutral flavour.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per small square
Calories 170 kcal
|Total fat||8.1 g|
|Saturated fat||3.5 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||27.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.2 g|
|Total sugars||21.0 g|
|Added sugars||1.0 g|
|Vitamin A||2 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes