½ cup (109 g)refined coconut oil, solid, packed†
⅔ cup (147 g)brown sugar
¼ cup (60 mL)unsweetened soy milk
3 Tbsp (45 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
1 tsp (3 g)baking powder
¾ tspbaking soda
2 cups (276 g)all-purpose flour
5.3 oz (150 g)dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil* and brown sugar with a fork.
- Then add the milk, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until well combined. The mixture might look a bit clumpy, and that's okay.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and stir until partially combined.
- Lastly, fold the chopped chocolate through the dough. Be careful to not over-mix.
- Scoop up 1 Tbsp of the dough at a time, and roll them into balls. Place on a line baking tray about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, as the cookies will spread.
- To decorate, add a few bits of chopped chocolate to the top of each cookie if desired.
- Bake on the centre rack of the oven for 12 - 13 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let them set on the baking tray for a minute before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- †Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts.
- * The coconut oil needs to be solid for this recipe, and not melted. If the oil is soft, place it in the fridge until hardened.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per cookie
Calories 182 kcal
|Total fat||8.8 g|
|Saturated fat||6.4 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||23.4 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.2 g|
|Total sugars||10.8 g|
|Added sugars||10.3 g|
|Vitamin A||2 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes