½ cup (109 g)refined coconut oil, solid, packed*
⅔ cup (147 g)brown sugar
6 Tbsp (90 mL)unsweetened soy milk
3 Tbsp (45 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
1 tsp (5 g)baking powder
¾ tspbaking soda
2 cups (264 g)all-purpose flour
5.2 oz (150 g)dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl and using a fork, cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Then add the milk, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and again whisk until well combined. The mixture might look a bit clumpy, and that's okay.
- If the temperature is warm where you are, you may want to consider chilling this mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up, otherwise, the cookies flatten and spread too much when baking in the oven.
- Add the flour to the bowl and stir until just combined. Careful to not over-mix.
- Then gently fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Form little balls out of the dough and evenly distribute, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- To decorate, add a few bits of chopped chocolate to the top of each cookie.
- Bake in the centre rack of the oven for 12 - 14 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Let cool for 1 minute on the cooking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- * The coconut oil needs to be solid for this recipe, and not melted. If the oil is soft, simply place it in the fridge until hardened.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Nutrition per cookie
Calories 178 kCal
|Total fat||9 g|
|Saturated fat||6 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||23 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g|
|Total sugars||11 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||3 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||1 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes