View on phone
(3 pancakes per serving)
1½ cups (207 g)all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp (10 g)baking powder
2 Tbsp (28 g)granulated sugar
1⅓ cups (320 mL)unsweetened soy milk†
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
2 tsp (10 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)vegetable oil, for cooking
1 cup (150 g)fresh mixed berries
Serves well with
- Place a sieve over a large bowl and sift in the flour and baking powder. Then, add the sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Next, add the milk, vinegar, and vanilla and mix until just combined. Make sure to not overmix, it’s okay if a few lumps remain. Let the batter rest for 3 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick crêpe pan on medium-high heat. Add oil as needed, and pour on ¼ cup of the pancake batter for each pancake.
- Cook for 1 - 2 minutes, or until the top is bubbly and the bottom is golden. Then flip and cook the other side until golden. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve with jam, maple syrup, and fruit if desired, and enjoy!
- †We recommend either soy or pea milk for this recipe as the high protein content is what curdles to create vegan buttermilk.
- The pancakes are best when enjoyed immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, let the pancakes cool completely then freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet. When frozen, transfer to an airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat on the stove or in a toaster when ready to enjoy.
Let us know what you think
The Plate Method is a visual tool that helps us ensure our dietary needs are on track. Touch the image below to see how this recipe measures up.
Grains & Starches 39%
• all-purpose flour
• unsweetened soy milk
Fruits & Veggies 26%
• fresh mixed berries
• unsweetened soy milk
• vegetable oil
Nutrition per serving (3 pancakes per serving)
Calories 397 kcal
|Total fat||7.3 g|
|Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||70.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.5 g|
|Total sugars||13.5 g|
|Added sugars||9.3 g|
|Vitamin A||68 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||1 μg|
|Vitamin C||22.1 mg|
|Vitamin D||1 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin K||9 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes