¾ cup (177 g)passion fruit pulp†
½ cup (75 g)frozen mango chunks
2 tsp (9 g)granulated sugar
1⅓ cups (320 mL)coconut cream†
2 Tbsp (17 g)powdered sugar
1 tsp (5 mL)
5.8 oz (165 g)
2 Tbsp (28 g)unsalted vegan butter
unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- Place a sieve over a saucepan and strain out the passion fruit seeds. Set the seeds aside if desired, to use for garnish.
- With the saucepan over medium-high heat, add the mango and sugar. Cook at a gentle simmer for 4 minutes, until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip the coconut cream* for a few minutes. Then add the sugar and vanilla and whip again.
- Add the cookies and butter to a food processor and blend into a crumb. Then add 2 Tbsp of the cookie crumbs to each serving glass and press down to form a crust on the bottom.
- In the now-empty food processor, blend the mango mixture until puréed.
- Spoon a heaping ¼ cup of the coconut whipping cream on top of the cookie layer, followed by a tablespoon of the passion fruit mixture. Garnish as desired, and enjoy!
- †About 10 fresh passion fruits yield ¾ cup of pulp. If fresh passion fruit isn't available, consider using thawed, frozen passion fruit pulp.
- †Coconut cream is the thicker part scooped out from the top of 2 - 3 cans of full-fat coconut milk (of at least 18% fat) refrigerated overnight. The amount of coconut fat separation can vary vastly from brand to brand. If there isn’t much coconut fat in your can, consider trying again with a different brand.
- * Ensure that only the thicker coconut fat is used from the can of coconut milk. Avoid adding any liquid from the can as this thins out the whip and prevents it from staying thick.
- The trifles are best when enjoyed on the same day they are made.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 375 kcal
|Total fat||24.6 g|
|Saturated fat||18.4 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||37.6 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.8 g|
|Total sugars||15.3 g|
|Added sugars||4.3 g|
|Vitamin A||48 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||14.9 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1.0 mg|
|Vitamin K||6 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes