1½ cups (225 g)frozen strawberries
1 Tbsp (14 g)granulated sugar
½ cup (75 g)
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
⅔ cup (160 mL)unsweetened oat milk†
2 Tbsp (30 mL)vegan whipping cream (optional)
1 tsp (5 mL)
2 cups (222 g)ice cubes
- To a saucepan, add the frozen strawberries and sugar. Cook on medium heat until the strawberries have thawed. Use the back of a spoon to lightly mash the strawberries.
- Remove the pan from the stove and use an immersion blender or standing blender to purée the strawberries. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the tapioca pearls according to the package instructions. For us, this took 5 minutes.
- Drain the tapioca pearls, and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Add the pearls to a bowl and mix in the agave syrup.
- In a pitcher, combine the oat milk, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Divide the tapioca pearls between your glasses, and spoon some of the strawberry purée over the pearls.
- Top with ice, followed by the vanilla cream milk. Finish with some fresh strawberries if desired. Enjoy!
- †Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium.
- This bubble tea is best enjoyed immediately.
- The strawberry purée can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day.
- The vanilla cream milk can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 279 kcal
|Total fat||6.2 g|
|Saturated fat||3.3 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||53.8 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.4 g|
|Total sugars||24.6 g|
|Added sugars||16.8 g|
|Vitamin A||71 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||48.7 mg|
|Vitamin D||1 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin K||6 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes