2 Tbsp (12 g)loose black tea leaves
1 cup (240 mL)boiling water
½ cup (75 g)
¼ cup (60 mL)
¼ cup (23 g)sweetened ube spread, plus more to taste
1½ cups (360 mL)unsweetened soy milk, divided †
1 cup (200 g)crushed ice
- Steep the tea in the boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Cook the tapioca pearls according to the package directions. For us, this took 5 minutes.
- When cooked, drain the pearls, and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a container and add the maple syrup.
- Mix the ube spread with a splash of the milk in a small bowl to thin it out a bit.
- To assemble, divide the pearls between the glasses. Add the ube mixture over the pearls.
- Then add ice, pour over the remaining milk, and top with the tea.
- Stir well and taste test. Different brands of ube spread vary in sweeteness, so add more thinned-out ube spread to taste if desired. Enjoy!
- †Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium.
- This bubble tea is best enjoyed immediately.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 268 kcal
|Total fat||3.9 g|
|Saturated fat||0.6 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||55.8 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.0 g|
|Total sugars||34.8 g|
|Added sugars||23.8 g|
|Vitamin A||107 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||1 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||1 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin K||3 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes