(approx. 1½ cups per serving including ice)
Total2 hr + 30 min
4 cups (960 mL)boiling water, ideally around 185°F (85°C)
4white tea bags*
Peach thyme syrup
6ripe peaches, pitted and roughly chopped
10sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup (240 mL)water
⅓ cup (80 mL)
1½ cups (166 g)ice cubes
4small sprigs fresh thyme
- To a large jar or bowl, add the boiled water and tea bags, and let it steep for 8 - 10 minutes, then remove the tea bags and let cool off. Once cooled off completely, stir in the lemon juice.
- To a saucepan, add the peaches, thyme, water, and maple syrup. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the peaches have started to soften, use the back of a wooden spatula or tamper to mash the peaches to release their juices and flavours.
- Place a sieve over a bowl and strain the peach mixture. Using the back of a spoon, press out as much liquid from the mixture into the bowl as possible. Let this cool off completely. Note: no need to throw away the peach puree that remains in the sieve. You can either eat it as is (it's like eating applesauce!) or add it to a smoothie.
- To assemble the drinks, divide the ice cubes between your glasses. Then pour one part peach syrup to two parts of the cooled lemon tea mixture into your cups. Stir it, garnishing with peach slices and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
- * White tea leaves and buds are picked before they have fully opened. Green tea and black tea also come from the same plant, but different processing methods give them their own unique flavours and aromas. In this recipe, it is possible to substitute the white tea with any other tea of your liking.
- Make-ahead: the syrup can be made ahead and stored in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The drink can be stored in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Nutrition per serving (approx. 1½ cups per serving including ice)
Calories 123 kCal
|Total fat||1 g|
|Saturated fat||0 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||31 g|
|Dietary fiber||3 g|
|Total sugars||25 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||49 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||22 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1 mg|
|Vitamin K||62 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes