(approx. 1½ cups per serving including ice)
2 cups (330 g)fresh pineapple chunks
6large sprigs fresh rosemary
½ cup (120 mL)water
⅓ cup (67 g)granulated sugar
1½ cups (360 mL)grapefruit juice
3 cups (720 mL)carbonated water
3 cups (333 g)ice cubes
- Start with zesting the grapefruit. Reserve the zest for later.
- To a medium saucepan, add the juice from the same grapefruit, along with the pineapple, rosemary, water, and sugar. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook uncovered at a gentle simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, we can add the grapefruit zest to the saucepan. By now the pineapples should have softened as well, so using a wooden spoon or wooden tamper, mash the pieces of pineapple to release its juices and flavour.
- Place a sieve over a bowl and strain the mixture, using the back of a spoon to press out as much liquid from the mixture into the bowl as possible. Let this cool off completely, first on the counter, then in the fridge.
- To make the drinks, divide the ice between the glasses and for each cup add 1 part of the flavoured syrup, 1 part grapefruit juice, 2 parts carbonated water. Garnish with grapefruit wedges, and rosemary sprigs, and enjoy!
- Make-ahead: the simple syrup can be made ahead and stored in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The drink can be stored in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition per serving (approx. 1½ cups per serving including ice)
Calories 143 kCal
|Total fat||0 g|
|Saturated fat||0 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||35 g|
|Dietary fiber||3 g|
|Total sugars||24 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||45 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||93 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes