Refreshing Ginger Mint Lemonade
10 ingredients or less
1 Tbsp (6 g)freshly grated ginger
20fresh mint leaves, or more as desired
3 cups (720 mL)water
2 cups (222 g)ice cubes
2 Tbsp (30 mL)agave syrup, plus more to taste
- Gather the grated ginger into your hands and squeeze over a pitcher to extract the juice*. Discard the pulp. For a more subtle ginger flavour, simply cut the ginger into slices and add it to the pitcher, instead of grating and squeezing.
- Add the mint to the pitcher, and use a wooden spatula or wooden tamper to give the mint a mash. We want to bruise the mint leaves slightly to extract their flavours.
- Then add the lemon juice, water, ice cubes, and syrup. Stir, add more syrup if the drink tastes too tart, and serve immediately. Cheers!
- * Squeezing the ginger by hand can irritate your skin, especially if you have any cuts. Alternatively, you can use a nut milk bag to squeeze out the liquid or place the ginger into a juicer.
- The ginger, lemon juice, and syrup concentrate can be prepared and kept in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 2 days. Simply dilute with water and ice cubes when you're ready for a refreshing drink.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 42 kcal
|Total fat||0.2 g|
|Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||11.0 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.5 g|
|Total sugars||7.5 g|
|Added sugars||6.2 g|
|Vitamin A||10 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||20.8 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin K||2 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Show nutrition info
Hide nutrition info
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes
Discussion & Rating
I never knew ginger could taste that well! I have no mint or syrup at hand, but the drink still tastes so great :)
I made this for a party recently and it was a big hit- multiple people asked me for the recipe.
Loved the flavor of ginger.
Love this in the summer!
this drink is so refreshing and simple to prepare...one question pls..... where does the 15mg sodium come from? Is it good for people with high BP? Thanks
Thank you for the ginger tip, Sadia! Mind-blowing! :-D
This is great! Do you think this could work in a beverage dispenser? Any adjustments? maybe not the ice?
I love a creative lemonade in summer! 😁
I made this and drank it instead of my morning tea and wow! Its so refreshing. I substituted honey for agave as it was what i had on hand. I will continue to make this for the summer months