To make the powdered mix
1 Tbsp (14 g)granulated sugar
2 tsp (4 g)
1 tsp (1 g)instant coffee granules
0.2 oz (6 g)dairy-free dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 tsp (4 g)peppermint candies, finely chopped
To make the mochas
½ cup (120 mL)boiling water
2 cups (480 mL)barista oat milk*
vegan whipped cream
- To a bowl or jar, add the sugar, cocoa powder, instant coffee, chopped chocolate, and peppermint pieces. Mix to combine**. Note, it's best if the chocolate and peppermint candies are chopped as finely as possible. This is to ensure they dissolve more easily when you prepare the drink later on.
- To make a mocha, mix 1½ Tbsp of the powdered mix with ¼ cup (60 mL) of boiling water and stir to dissolve the sugar, peppermints, and chocolate.
- Add 1 cup (240 mL) warmed milk to the mug and stir.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and peppermint pieces if desired. Enjoy!
- * Nutrition tip: aim to use plant-based milk that is fortified with calcium.
- ** Make-ahead: in the photos and video, we batch-made 24 servings of the powdered mix. To make a larger batch as we did, simply use the scaling feature to scale up the recipe to your desired number of servings.
- The mixed drink is best enjoyed immediately.
- The mocha powdered mix can be kept in the mason jars for up to 2 months.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 228 kCal
|Total fat||12 g|
|Saturated fat||2 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||30 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g|
|Total sugars||20 g|
|Added sugars||6 g|
|Vitamin A||0 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||0 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes