2raw beets, peeled, quartered
½ cup (85 g)uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1 cup (240 mL)water
½vegetable bouillon cube
1½ cups (278 g)cooked chickpeas
3 cups (60 g)arugula
1orange, peeled, sliced into thin rounds
1orange, juiced, zested
1clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp (2 g)freshly grated ginger
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
1 pinchground black pepper, or more to taste
Make your own
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Wrap the quartered beetroots in foil and bake on the middle rack of the oven until soft, about 30 minutes. Allow cooling before cutting into bite-sized pieces. Alternatively, steam the beetroots on the stove until soft. Skip this step, if using canned or pre-cooked beets.
- In a saucepan on high heat add the quinoa, water, and crushed bouillon cube. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook uncovered until the quinoa has absorbed all the water, about 15 minutes. When cooked, fluff with a fork, remove the heat, cover with a lid, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the chickpeas to the saucepan with the quinoa, and pour the dressing over top, and toss to combine.
- To serve, start with the arugula as a base, top with quinoa and chickpea mixture, and garnish with the orange slices and roasted beetroots. Enjoy!
- If saving for later, store the dressing separate from the salad. Store in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Nutrition per serving
Calories 326 kCal
|Total fat||12 g|
|Saturated fat||2 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||46 g|
|Dietary fiber||10 g|
|Total sugars||13 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||27 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||40 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1 mg|
|Vitamin K||25 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes