How To: Cook Quinoa
10 ingredients or less
One-bowl / one-pot
(½ cup per serving)
½ cup (85 g)
1 cup (240 mL)water
1vegetable bouillon cube (optional)
Make your own
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer over the sink.
- Transfer the quinoa to a saucepan. Add the water and crumble in the bouillon cube.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, cover with a lid and let cook for 15 minutes. The quinoa should absorb all the water. If there is still some water, cook for an additional couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat and fluff the quinoa with a wooden spatula or fork.
- Then cover again and let sit to steam for 2 - 3 minutes longer so the quinoa softens even more. This step is optional, but it can make the quinoa much more tender.
- Store in an #coontainer in the fridge for 4 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (½ cup per serving)
Calories 115 kcal
|Total fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated fat||0.6 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||18.9 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.0 g|
|Total sugars||0.5 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||1 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin K||3 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Show nutrition info
Hide nutrition info
More for the eyes
Discussion & Rating
hello, i am searching for a granola recipe, including cooked quinoa. I think i saw it on your page, but i can't find it. Could you please help me?
Now I can stop buying per cooked quinoa and make it. I for the first made quinoa and I did it right. Thank you.
I usually cheat and make quinoa in my rice cooker but this is great for cooking when away from home.
My question is if it is beneficial to soak the quinoa beforehand like we do with brown rice? I read that we should somewhere but it wasn't a reliable source.
i love that pick up limes posts accessible recipes like this - such a great resource for new cooks! pick up limes is my first (favourite) teacher in vegan cooking :) one of my favourite variations to this recipe is orange juice - it immediately freshens up the quinoa and makes a wonderful base to salads!