1 tsp (5 mL)olive oil
1medium onion, diced
4cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp (6 g)fresh ginger, minced
1 Tbsp (6 g)curry powder
2 tsp (4 g)ground coriander
2 tsp (5 g)paprika powder
⅛ tspcayenne pepper
4 cups (960 mL)low-sodium vegetable stock†
2medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1cm cubes
1banana, cut into coins†
½ cup (120 mL)peanut butter
1⅔ cups (399 mL)canned full-fat coconut milk
4slices multi-grain bread, toasted
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes. Add splashes of water as needed to deglaze the pot.
- Add the spices, stirring to toast for 30 - 60 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the stock, sweet potatoes, banana, carrot, and peanut butter. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, and blend using an immersion blender or standing blender. Heat through completely.
- Serve with bread or croutons, and enjoy!
- †If desired, you can substitute 1 cup of vegetable stock with ½ vegetable bouillon cube plus 1 cup (240 mL) water.
- †Avoid using a ripe banana (one with brown spots) as the flavour is too potent. A firm, yellow banana is best for this recipe.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 554 kcal
|Total fat||35.1 g|
|Saturated fat||17.2 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||50.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||11.5 g|
|Total sugars||17.4 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||645 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||10.5 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||4.4 mg|
|Vitamin K||9 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes