1 Tbsp (15 mL)olive oil
1medium onion, shredded or chopped
3cloves garlic, shredded or crushed
1medium carrot, shredded
1celery stalk, shredded
1red bell pepper, shredded
4 cups (960 mL)vegetable stock*
1 cup (70 g)shredded red cabbage
3medium raw beets, peeled, shredded
3 Tbsp (3 g)fresh dill**
2 Tbsp (30 mL)canned tomato paste
1 Tbsp (15 mL)pickle juice
2 tsp (4 g)ground coriander
1 pinchsalt, plus more to taste
1 pinchground black pepper, plus more to taste
plant-based Greek-style yogurt
- Add the oil to a large pot on medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, and celery and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, partially cover with a lid, and let cook until the beets are soft, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving. Serve with desired garnish (yogurt highly recommended), and enjoy!
- * Can substitute every 4 cups of vegetable stock with 2 vegetable bouillon cubes plus 4 cups (1 L) water.
- ** Can substitute 1 Tbsp of dried dill for every 3 Tbsp of fresh dill.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 127 kCal
|Total fat||4 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||21 g|
|Dietary fiber||5 g|
|Total sugars||13 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||226 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||59 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||2 mg|
|Vitamin K||18 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes