2 tsp (10 mL)olive oil
½medium butternut squash, peeled, chopped into 2 cm cubes, seeds reserved
2red bell peppers, cut into quarters
2medium carrots, sliced into 2 cm pieces
1fresh jalapeño, seeded, cut in half
1medium red onion, cut into wedges
½ tspground cumin
½ tsppaprika powder
½ tspground black pepper
Roasted squash seeds
1 tsp (5 mL)olive oil
¼ tspground cumin
¼ tsppaprika powder
¼ tspgarlic powder
¼ tsponion powder
¼ tspground black pepper
Soup stock and milk
3 cups (720 mL)vegetable stock*
¾ cup (180 mL)canned full-fat coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Toss all the tray bake ingredients together on a parchment- lined baking tray.
- Spread out evenly, and bake for 30 minutes or until the squash and carrots can be easily pierced with a fork. Toss the vegetables once or twice while they are baking.
- Meanwhile, clean off the butternut squash seeds by running under water and massaging.
- Toss the seeds with oil and spices, and bake on another parchment-lined baking tray in the oven for 15 minutes, until slightly golden and crunchy, toss once while they are cooking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Allow to heat through, serve with coconut cream, and the roasted squash seeds, and enjoy!
- * Can substitute every 1 cup of stock with ½ vegetable bouillon cubes plus 1 cup (240 mL) water.
- Variations: roast other vegetables like sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cauliflower, or leeks.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 191 kcal
|Total fat||11 g|
|Saturated fat||7 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||22 g|
|Dietary fiber||5 g|
|Total sugars||9 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||727 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||101 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||3 mg|
|Vitamin K||13 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes