Herb & garlic oil
1½ Tbsp (22 mL)vegetable oil
2cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp (1 g)dried parsley
2 cups (250 g)all-purpose flour
½ cup (120 mL)unsweetened soy yogurt*
¼ cup (60 mL)unsweetened soy milk*
½ Tbsp (6 g)granulated sugar
1 tsp (5 g)baking powder
- To a small bowl, add the oil, garlic, parsley, and salt, and whisk. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, combine the naan ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead a few times, until the dough is smooth. If the dough keeps sticking to your hands or the surface, simply sprinkle over some more flour.
- Divide the dough into 4 and roll out each piece into a rough oval shape, about 2 mm thick. Continue to add flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Preheat a large pan on medium-high heat. Lightly brush one side of the naan with the herb and garlic oil, and transfer the oiled side down onto the pan to toast.
- Grill on each side for about a minute, or until it’s golden and bubbly. If you'd like, you can add a bit more herb and garlic oil on the top of the naan before giving it a flip to cook on the other side.
- Repeat with each naan, and enjoy!
- * Nutrition tip: aim to use a plant-based yogurt/milk that is fortified with calcium.
- Variations: try a cumin-spiced version by kneading ½ tsp of toasted cumin seeds into the dough.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Nutrition per serving
Calories 310 kCal
|Total fat||7 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||54 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Total sugars||4 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||9 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
|Vitamin D||1 μg|
|Vitamin E||1 mg|
|Vitamin K||10 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes