View on phone
Herb & garlic oil
1½ Tbsp (22 mL)vegetable oil
2cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp (1 g)dried parsley
2 cups (276 g)all-purpose flour
½ cup (120 mL)unsweetened soy yogurt†
¼ cup (60 mL)unsweetened soy milk
½ Tbsp (7 g)granulated sugar
1 tsp (3 g)baking powder
Make your own
- To a small bowl, add the oil, garlic, parsley, and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the naan ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth. If the dough keeps sticking to your hands or the surface, simply sprinkle over more flour.
- Divide the dough into 4 and roll out each piece into an oval shape, about 2 mm thick. Continue to add flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Preheat a large pan or cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Lightly brush one side of the naan with the herb and garlic oil, and transfer the oiled side down onto the pan.
- Brush the top side of the naan with some of the garlic oil as well. Grill until the bottom is golden, then flip to gook on the other side. Repeat with each naan.
- Serve with your favourite curry. Enjoy!
- †Nutrition tip: aim to use a plant-based yogurt and milk that are fortified with calcium.
- Best to enjoy immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 1 day.
- Freeze, separated by layers of parchment paper, in a well-sealed container for up to 1 month. Simply thaw and re-toast when ready to enjoy.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 342 kcal
|Total fat||6.8 g|
|Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||60.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g|
|Total sugars||2.4 g|
|Added sugars||1.7 g|
|Vitamin A||11 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin K||9 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes