¼ cup (54 g)
1 cup (142 g)
1 cup (240 mL)unsweetened soy milk
½ cup (112 g)granulated sugar
1 tsp (3 g)baking powder
5rhubarb stalks, peeled, cut into 1 cm pieces
2apples, cut into 2 cm pieces
½ Tbsp (3 g)fresh ginger, minced (optional)
¼ tspground cinnamon
vegan vanilla ice cream
vegan whipped cream
Make your own
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Put the coconut oil into a 6 x 10 inch (15 x 25 cm) baking dish, and place on the centre rack of the oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, plant milk, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the apples, rhubarb, ginger and cinnamon.
- As soon as the oil has melted, remove from the oven and pour the flour mixture into the dish. Do not mix!
- On top of the flour batter, place the apple and rhubarb mix. Again, do not mix!
- Place the baking dish back into the oven and cook for 40 minutes, or until the batter is golden and firm, but springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes before enjoying with coconut whip, or a scoop of vegan ice cream!
- * Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts. If you'd prefer a mild coconut-y flavour, use unrefined coconut oil instead.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 217 kcal
|Total fat||8 g|
|Saturated fat||6 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||36 g|
|Dietary fiber||4 g|
|Total sugars||21 g|
|Added sugars||14 g|
|Vitamin A||21 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||12 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes