View on phone
3apples, cut into 2 cm pieces†
14 oz (400 g)rhubarb stalks, cut into 1 cm pieces
1 Tbsp (6 g)fresh ginger, finely minced
2 Tbsp (28 g)granulated sugar
½ Tbsp (4 g)cornstarch (optional)
¼ tspfive spice powder
Biscuit topping - dry ingredients
1½ cups (207 g)all-purpose flour
¼ cup (56 g)granulated sugar
1 Tbsp (10 g)baking powder
Biscuit topping - wet ingredients
2.6 oz (75 g)unsalted vegan butter, chilled
½ cup (120 mL)unsweetened soy yogurt
1 tsp (5 mL)
Serves well with
vegan ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 12 x 8 inch (30 x 20 cm) baking dish with some melted butter or coconut oil.
- Combine the ingredients for the fruit base in a large bowl.
- Transfer the fruit to the baking dish, cover, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the biscuit topping by combining the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut the butter into the dry mixture until the butter pieces are roughly pea-sized.
- Add the remaining biscuit ingredients and combine to form a dough.
- Pat the dough to ½ inch (1 cm) thickness and cut rounds using a cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits over the roasted fruit and dot any remaining dough between the pieces.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the top of the biscuits are golden.
- Serve with powdered sugar or ice cream. Enjoy!
- †Green apples, such as Granny Smiths, yield roasted apples with a hint of crispness. Baking apples, like Macintosh, result in tender and soft roasted apples.
- Best to enjoy on the day it's made.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 227 kcal
|Total fat||4.8 g|
|Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||42.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.7 g|
|Total sugars||15.8 g|
|Added sugars||10.5 g|
|Vitamin A||48 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||6.4 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin K||24 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes