1½ cups (170 g)soy veggie ground
2 Tbsp (17 g)
6large (25 cm) soft tortillas
2⅓ cups (555 g)
2red bell peppers, diced
2stalks green onion, sliced
1¼ cups (176 g)canned corn, drained
½ cup (8 g)fresh cilantro (optional)
½ cup (68 g)sliced black olives
½ cup (75 g)pickled jalapeño slices
Serves well with
Make your own
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix together the veggie ground and spice mix in a bowl.
- Spread a heaping ⅓ cup of refried beans over half of a wrap. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the veggie ground mix overtop of that.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the wraps: the bell pepper, green onions, corn, cilantro, olives, and jalapeños*.
- Fold in each side of the wrap, then roll, starting from the closest edge, until the wrap is closed. Place seam-side down on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining wraps.
- Bake in the oven for 7 - 10 minutes, or until the wraps are lightly golden. Optionally, if after 10 minutes they aren't yet golden, turn on the broiler and grill them for a minute. Keep your eye on them so they don't burn.
- Allow the wraps to cool to room temperature before freezing.
- To reheat, remove from the freezer and let thaw**. Reheat the burrito in the microwave (on 400W or lower), oven at 390°F (200°C), or on the stove in a non-stick pan covered with a lid. Reheating will generally take 4 - 5 minutes.
- Serve with avocado slices or desired sauces, and enjoy!
- * If adding other toppings, note some don't freeze well, like tofu, tomatoes, and lettuce. Instead, add those as fresh toppings on the day you're eating the wrap.
- ** A slightly thawed wrap will reheat faster than a frozen solid wrap.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. When storing in the freezer, make sure to wrap them in parchment paper so they don't stick together or to the sides of the storage container.
Let us know what you think
The Plate Method is a visual tool that helps us ensure our dietary needs are on track. Touch the image below to see how this recipe measures up.
Grains & Starches 32%
• large (25 cm) soft tortilla
• soy veggie ground
• refried beans
Fruits & Veggies 37%
• red bell pepper
• stalk green onion
• canned corn
• fresh cilantro
• sliced black olives
• pickled jalapeño slices
CalciumNo significant sources of calcium
• sliced black olives
Nutrition per wrap
Calories 345 kcal
|Total fat||7.6 g|
|Saturated fat||2.0 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||57.0 g|
|Dietary fiber||10.0 g|
|Total sugars||5.1 g|
|Added sugars||0.0 g|
|Vitamin A||101 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||56.9 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin K||21 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes