Almond paste filling
3 Tbsp (21 g)ground flaxseeds
6 Tbsp (90 mL)water
1 cup (138 g)roasted unsalted almonds
½ cup (112 g)granulated sugar
½ cup (112 g)unsalted margarine
⅓ cup (46 g)all-purpose flour
1¼ cups (172 g)roasted unsalted almonds
3Medjool dates, pits removed
2 Tbsp (27 g)refined coconut oil, melted†
2 Tbsp (18 g)
1 tsp (5 mL)
½ cup (62 g)fresh raspberries
2rhubarb stalks, peeled, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven the 350°F (180°C). For the filling, mix the flaxseeds and water in a small bowl and set aside to gel.
- For the crust, combine the almonds, dates, coconut oil, buckwheat flour, and vanilla in a food processor. Blend into a crumb.
- Transfer the mix to a 10-inch (22 cm) tart pan. Press into the pan using your fingers*.
- Continuing with the filling, in the now empty food processor, combine the almonds, sugar, margarine, flaxseed mixture, and flour. Blend into a paste.
- Pour this filling into the prepared crust and top with the raspberries and rhubarb.
- Bake in the centre rack of the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the crust starts to turn golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar if desired, and enjoy!
- †Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts. If you prefer a distinct coconut taste, use unrefined coconut oil instead.
- * To create an even crust, start in the middle and working toward the sides. Use the flat bottom of a measuring cup or glass to help smooth out as you go.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving
Calories 467 kcal
|Total fat||33.5 g|
|Saturated fat||6.2 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||37.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||6.7 g|
|Total sugars||22.5 g|
|Added sugars||14.0 g|
|Vitamin A||116 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B12||2 μg|
|Vitamin C||3.1 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||12.4 mg|
|Vitamin K||19 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes