1¼ cups (162 g)roasted almonds*
3soft Medjool dates, pitted
2 Tbsp (30 mL)refined coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp (15 g)
1 tsp (5 mL)
Almond paste filling
3 Tbsp (21 g)ground flaxseeds
6 Tbsp (90 mL)water
1 cup (130 g)roasted almonds
½ cup (100 g)granulated sugar
½ cup (114 g)margarine
⅓ cup (42 g)all-purpose flour
½ cup (62 g)fresh raspberries
2rhubarb stalks, peeled, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven the 180°C (350°F).
- For the crust, combine the almonds, dates, coconut oil, buckwheat flour, and vanilla in a food processor until blended into a sand-like consistency.
- Transfer the mix to a parchment-lined tart tray and press into the tray using your fingers.
- For the filling, mix the flaxseeds and water in a small bowl and set aside to gel.
- In the same food processor, combine the almonds, sugar, margarine, and flour, and blend into a paste.
- Add the flaxseed mixture and combine.
- Pour this filling into the prepared crust and top with the raspberries and rhubarb.
- Bake in the centre rack of the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the crust starts to turn golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle on a bit of powdered sugar for presentation if desired, and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Nutrition per serving
Calories 471 kCal
|Total fat||35 g|
|Saturated fat||7 g|
|Trans fat||3 g|
|Total carbs||35 g|
|Dietary fiber||6 g|
|Total sugars||21 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||153 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||3 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||10 mg|
|Vitamin K||15 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes