Fruity Caramelized Onion & Feta Pizza
1 Tbsp (15 mL)olive oil
2medium onions, thinly sliced
2 tsp (2 g)
2.1 oz (60 g)firm tofu, drained
2 Tbsp (27 g)refined coconut oil, melted†
½ Tbsp (1 g)
½ Tbsp (7 mL)
½ tsponion powder
1 pinchdried dill (optional)
2medium ready-made pizza crusts
1 tsp (5 mL)olive oil
1 cup (150 g)red grapes, halved
1 cup (20 g)arugula
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
Try making your own
Make your own
- To a large pan on medium-high heat, add the oil and sliced onions. Cook for 25 - 30 minutes, until the onions are golden. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the Italian seasoning.
- While the onions cook, make the feta by adding the tofu, oil, nutritional yeast, vinegar, onion powder, salt, and dill to a small food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate to harden*.
- Preheat a pizza stone and the oven to 500°F (250°C)**. Optionally, brush the pizza crusts with some olive oil.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a small food processor. Blend until a partly pureed, partly chunky mixture is achieved. This blending step is optional.
- Spread the blended onion mixture over the pizza crusts.
- Distribute the cut grapes over the crusts as well, then transfer the pizza to the oven.
- Bake on the center rack for 8 - 10 minutes***, or until the crust is golden.
- Top with the sliced pears, arugula, "feta", a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction, and some toasted walnuts. Enjoy!
- †Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn't smell or taste like coconuts.
- * The tofu feta is quite spreadable, almost like a ricotta texture, straight from the food processor. The longer it sits in the fridge, the more crumbly it becomes.
- ** If you don't have a pizza stone, bake the pizzas on a parchment-lined baking tray at 390°F (200°C) or at 450°F (230°C).
- *** Bake for 15 - 17 minutes if the oven is at 390°F (200°C), or for 12 minutes if at 450°F (230°C).
- The pizza is best enjoyed fresh.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Let us know what you think
The Plate Method is a visual tool that helps us ensure our dietary needs are on track. Touch the image below to see how this recipe measures up.
Grains & Starches 46%
• medium ready-made pizza crust
• firm tofu
• nutritional yeast flakes
Fruits & Veggies 51%
• medium onion
• red grapes
• firm tofu
• olive oil
• refined coconut oil
• olive oil
Nutrition per medium pizza
Calories 883 kcal
|Total fat||39.7 g|
|Saturated fat||14.6 g|
|Trans fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbs||112.9 g|
|Dietary fiber||9.8 g|
|Total sugars||31.9 g|
|Added sugars||0.8 g|
|Vitamin A||17 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin B12||1 μg|
|Vitamin C||16.4 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||4.5 mg|
|Vitamin K||52 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
Watch it step-by-step!
More for the eyes
Discussion & Rating
This has become a new favorite of mine.
I've been having the "burger" version of this recipe nearly 2x a week for a month now. I sometimes sub the grapes for salted tomatoes, the "cheese" with crispy tofu mixed with Italian spice and pears with red apples.
The ingredients play so so well with each other resulting in an absolutely divine meal.
You often use "nutritional yeast" - what is it, what is it made if? Thank you!)
The pizza was absolutely delicious. Did not have arugula so used spinach, and fresh parsley and rosemary. It was so yummy. Thank you!
Wow! Can’t tell you how much I enjoy your work. This was so delicious. Your recipes have really branched me out.
SOOO good! Thank you!
This was delicious! The combination of flavors really works & it is lovely to look at before you eat :)
Amazing recipe, thank you! Are there any alternatives to using refined coconut oil?
This pizza was amazing. My husband was skeptical when he saw the toppings but ended up loving it and all the flavor combinations.
A jar of onion relish works instead of caramelizing the onions. Also recommend add ing toasted walnut pieces. I subbed in radish because pears are out of season and the grapes and balsamic I had were plenty sweet. Pieces of roast butternut would also go great on this!
This pizza is incredible! What an amazing combination of flavors. I don't think I have ever made a fancier meal! We loved it, thanks for this yummy recipe.
I made this with almost all ingredients save the pears (which I heavily recommend; better have the pears and not have the grapes even though they look so very pretty. Also, the walnuts rule.) and it was absolutely delicious. My non-vegan flatmate who grew up with italian home cooking approved even though he was super suspicious when I told him this pizza wouldn't include any tomatoes. I am very happy about this recipe because not only is it delicious and vibrant in colour, it is also mostly histamin free so that I can adapt it and make a huge tray for my granny who can't eat a whole lot of various foods any more (I will include real feta for her because any legumes, including soy, will make her sick).
This was a combination I never would have put together, but it works so well. Absolutely loved this pizza with Sadia’s homemade crust recipe!
Loved this dish it's literal perfection I was sceptical at first because I've never had a pizza with fruit before but after I tried it ...it did not disappoint Will be making this one again 🥰🥰🥰 and can't wait to try more of your recipe's
It was really good!!! Thanks for sharing!!
This was so delicious! So flavorful and the pizza dough recipe was amazing too 😋😋
soooo good, i didnt think i would like it as much as i did! the pears with the grapes and onions, sounded a bit odd initially, but ended up being delicious. I would love more recipes on how to use the 'feta'
I just made this pizza tonight and I was delightfully surprised at the orchestra of flavors. I added herbs to my homemade pizza dough for added flavor and added fresh basil after pizza was out of the oven. Just yummy! I will be repeating this recipe. Thank you for sharing!
Hey! I'm thinking of making this today, but I have some plums to use instead of green grapes. Risky zone, should I try? By the way, I have your website as a shortcut on my phone browser, I always look first for inspiration in your recipes!
The taste is incredible despite the strange combination of ingredients. I used green grapes instead of red ones and tordylium apulum instead of arugula, which went well at the end and I am very satisfied.