(2 Tbsp per serving)
1 Tbsp (5 g)whole coriander seeds
1 tsp (2 g)whole cumin seeds
1 tsp (3 g)whole white peppercorns
¼ cup (4 g)fresh cilantro
4green chili peppers, seeds removed
3stalks of lemongrass
2medium shallots, roughly chopped
1lime, zested, juiced*
2 Tbsp (13 g)grated fresh galangal (also known as Thai ginger)
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
2 tsp (6 g)ground turmeric**
Try this in
Make your own
- In a small pan over medium-high, toast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and white peppercorn for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Toast until darkened in colour and fragrant. Add to a grinder, or mortar and pestle, and crush the spices until you're left with a powder.
- To a food processor, add all the ingredients and blend until you reach a smooth paste.
- This paste can be used in any way you like; try it in our Coconut Thai Green Curry Noodle Soup recipe, for example!
- * Traditionally in Thai cuisine, kaffir lime is used. We couldn't find fresh kaffir limes at our local grocery stores, so we used a regular lime instead. If you do use kaffir limes, use one extra if desired for a more intense flavour.
- ** Shrimp paste is an ingredient found in many authentic Thai curry paste recipes. In our version, we replaced this with soy sauce and turmeric, to add a salty and rich flavour. The turmeric adds a more yellow colour to this paste, so if you'd like a more deep green colour for your curry paste, simply omit the turmeric.
- This curry paste can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Let us know what you think
Nutrition per serving (2 Tbsp per serving)
Calories 43 kCal
|Total fat||0 g|
|Saturated fat||0 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Total carbs||10 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Total sugars||3 g|
|Added sugars||0 g|
|Vitamin A||20 μg RAE|
|Vitamin B6||0 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin C||78 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 μg|
|Vitamin E||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||7 μg|
We believe that focusing on numbers can harm our relationship with food. Instead, our philosophy is to Nourish the Cells & the Soul. If you require specific nutrition information due to a medical condition, please consult with a dietitian or physician. The nutritional information provided is composed with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the displayed values, see also our disclaimer.
More for the eyes